Jewish Labour MP, under police protection from Corbyn supporters, speaks out

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Excellent interview with Ruth Smeeth MP. The way she has been treated is absolutely disgusting. We didn't have this stuff in the Labour Party before the Corbyn ascendancy, and even now they refuse to admit there is a problem.

Smeeth, 37, is the MP who walked out of the launch of the Chakrabarti report, an inquiry into anti-Semitism in the Labour Party, after being harassed by a member of Momentum, the activist group behind Jeremy Corbyn.

Since then she has been called a “yid c***” (among other racial slurs), a “CIA/ MI5/Mossad informant”, a “dyke”, and a “f***ing traitor”. In all she’s experienced more than 25,000 incidents of abuse, much of it racial. As a result two people are being investigated by counter-terrorism police — one of whom penned a 1,000-word essay on how he would kill her.
    http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...-a3349201.html

JamesN88 Good bloke KimKallstrom

ReputationRep:
    A kinder, gentler politics*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    A kinder, gentler politics*
    Maybe Corbyn's Labour Party is the 'nasty party'....?

Feel sorry for Ruth Smeeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Excellent interview with Ruth Smeeth MP. The way she has been treated is absolutely disgusting. We didn't have this stuff in the Labour Party before the Corbyn ascendancy, and even now they refuse to admit there is a problem.http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/...-a3349201.htmlJamesN88 Good bloke KimKallstrom
    corbyn is hitler... shame on him... don't you have anything better to do than bash on Jeremy Corbyn all day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    corbyn is hitler... shame on him... don't you have anything better to do than bash on Jeremy Corbyn all day?
    Don't you have anything better to do than offer up inane, childish and witless protests every time I make a thread on Corbyn?

This is a politics subforum. Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party. If you find threads about him distressing to your sensitive disposition, feel free to refrain from participating.

ReputationRep:
    These are the stories we need to hear about, Ruth makes great points and I agree with her. Corbyn needs to do more to distance himself from Momentum and to condemn individuals who push antisemitism. This is the first proper article where it comes across as genuine, rather than just a smear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexanderHam)
    Don't you have anything better to do than offer up inane, childish and witless protests every time I make a thread on Corbyn?

This is a politics subforum. Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party. If you find threads about him distressing to your sensitive disposition, feel free to refrain from participating.
    It's a little obsessive chap, it's not healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    These are the stories we need to hear about, Ruth makes great points and I agree with her. Corbyn needs to do more to distance himself from Momentum and to condemn individuals who push antisemitism. This is the first proper article where it comes across as genuine, rather than just a smear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I repped you on the basis of your first point but then read the last sentence and regretted it. This is one of many things related to this. His handling of the Oxford Labour club anti-semitism case was just as bad and was not a "smear".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    I repped you on the basis of your first point but then read the last sentence and regretted it. This is one of many things related to this. His handling of the Oxford Labour club anti-semitism case was just as bad and was not a "smear".
    Most of the stories I've seen related to Corbyns Labour anti-semitism are written by people with clear bias against Corbyn anyway, Ruth comes across as pragmatic in that she would have happily worked with Corbyn, hence why I give this story credence.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.