NYU Tisch and UK Unis/UCAS

    • Thread Starter

    Okay so, warning this is going to be quite long-winded as I have quite a few questions. (I've been toying with the idea of NYU recently to study film as I want to work in film so bad but I'm also on the edge as it feels like a risk. )

    1.) Is there a way you can apply to international universities (particularly looking at NYU for the Film and Television course) from the UK alongside UCAS?
    2.) Is financial aid/student loaning still available if studying abroad?
    3.) Is it more likely that I will succeed in film if going to NYU to study it rather than studying a film course/at a film school in the UK or getting an alternative degree in the UK and looking at film for extracurriculars?

    Honestly, I'm thinking if it is possible to apply alongside UCAS applications I may have a go just to see if I could do it although it seems like an impossible dream at this point.

    Thanks for any help!

    1. Yes, you can apply to foreign universities, it won't impact your UCAS application.

    2. No, you can't use UK student loans to study abroad. As far as I know, NYU offers very little financial aid to international students.

    3. No idea.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Should you wait six months before applying for a graduate job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.