Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is a bomber jacket smart casual? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This probably seems like a ridiculous question since nobody cares what I wear, but I'm going on a school trip and the dress code is smart casual (I never know what dress codes actually mean). Any suggestions as to how close I can get to casual without crossing the border? I was thinking bomber jacket.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    This probably seems like a ridiculous question since nobody cares what I wear, but I'm going on a school trip (to art galleries) tomorrow and the dress code is smart casual (I never know what dress codes actually mean). Any suggestions as to how close I can get to casual without crossing the border? I was thinking bomber jacket, black jeans and a top but I don't know what top to where.
    No, it isn't, if by bomber jacket you mean a short, belt level jacket with a gathered waistband.

ReputationRep:
    Smart casual is like a shirt and a pair of good jeans, blazer optional. On your feet avoid trainers, shoes or boots are better.

Edit: you're female so you have a lot more scope than my advice but you still can't go far wrong with it.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    No, it isn't, if by bomber jacket you mean a short, belt level jacket with a gathered waistband.
    I mean this one http://www.selectfashion.co.uk/cloth...003_khaki.html but the one I got is a lot more oversized (I ended up getting size 16 instead of size 10, you can call me crazy )

ReputationRep:
    casual,not smart lol
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
    I mean this one http://www.selectfashion.co.uk/cloth...003_khaki.html but the one I got is a lot more oversized (I ended up getting size 16 instead of size 10, you can call me crazy )
    That's casual, not smart casual.

ReputationRep:
    Just casual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    That's casual, not smart casual.
    Not even if I wear a smart top to go with it?
    Damn I'm gonna be freezing

ReputationRep:
    Generally no but frankly if it's for a school trip and it's a bit chilly out, I doubt they would really care unless you attend a posh school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.