what's your favourite number Watch

ReputationRep:
    mine is 17
    it looks beautiful
    right??

ReputationRep:
    13 - I was born on Friday the 13th.

ReputationRep:
    i study maths and i think this is fairly predictable if you know this number but "i". it's a number..... but you can't put it on any graph, number line etc. It's like a placeholder for the root of -1. i love the number because its a number yet technically not a number and oddly has very wide applications Also it's called an "imaginary" number which makes it that tiny bit more humorous.

If you mean real numbers though id say 29, i can remember 29 digits of pi, no more no less, the bus i catch to town is 29, my big brother is 29, it's all around me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    i study maths and i think this is fairly predictable if you know this number but "i". it's a number..... but you can't put it on any graph, number line etc. It's like a placeholder for the root of -1. i love the number because its a number yet technically not a number and oddly has very wide applications Also it's called an "imaginary" number which makes it that tiny bit more humorous.

If you mean real numbers though id say 29, i can remember 29 digits of pi, no more no less, the bus i catch to town is 29, my big brother is 29, it's all around me.
    Interesting 'o'
    Lol
    I like 17 because i was born on 17 November, my door number is 17, one of the kpop bands I listen to is called SEVENTEEN
    so yh now it's become my favourite number
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    :sexface: That's mine aswell

ReputationRep:
    numero uno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    it's not just a number
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    666 jk

ReputationRep:
    The rule of three or power of three is a writing principle that suggests that things that come in threes are funnier, more satisfying, or more effective than other numbers of things. Therefore my favourite number is 24.

ReputationRep:
    6. it's not my favourite number but it's the number that i end up saying for anything number related (or 600 6000 60000 etc). no idea why!

ReputationRep:
    e, because it's a letter.

ReputationRep:
    9 because 3 fits into it 3 times and i just kinda imagine 3 3's in a pod and its a nine. And its been my lucky number since I was little...
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    -7e^{i\pi}

A nice prime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    -7e^{i\pi}

A nice prime.
    Spoiler:
    Show

u really like maths that much?=)))
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    -7e^{i\pi}

A nice prime.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Spoiler:
    Show

u really like maths that much?=)))
    I think that number is fairly common knowledge
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    "A nice number is an integer ending in 3 or 7 when written out in decimal." — StackExchange.

I'll go with any of those.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.