Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Finalising uni choices please help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    oops
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    IMO it's fairly random how it all works out except for places that advertise high cut offs like Sheffield. I would apply to the ones you like best and just see what happens. Potentially you may have opened some extra doors by doing the BMAT - you may have got a very high mark for example, and guaranteed yourself an interview - but it's too late now as far as I'm aware the BMAT date for this year would have been earlier so stick to what you've got. Honestly I don't think you can go wrong. Pick it based on where you want to be.

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise against Exeter as unless they changed this year) they bad you by how many A*s you're predicted and have UKCAT cut offs in each band. I remember readin somewhere that the cut off for people with 1 A* prediction was over 700
    As you know Bristol is risky especially since it is the most oversubscribed as they are the only place not to look at UKCAT.
    Sheffield said if they used the ranking system last year for UKCAT the cut off would've been quite high I can't remember how high but it may be a tad higher than what you got
    Hope that helps!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.