Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering whether all uni's make you do presentations, I'm not a fan of them and i wanted to know what would happen if you said you don't want to do it. silly question. i want to study real estate or travel and tourism.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambsphillips)
    I was just wondering whether all uni's make you do presentations, I'm not a fan of them and i wanted to know what would happen if you said you don't want to do it. silly question. i want to study real estate or travel and tourism.
    Most universities will include a module or more that requires a presentation of some sort. You'll need to do your research and contact universities directly to find out if presenting is currently a core component of the courses you're interested in and what the likely impact is for refusing to take part.

I'd strongly recommend having a read through of http://copperbadge.livejournal.com/3406378.html if you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to present. Generally the level of skill expected from undergraduates is EXTREMELY low - I've known loads of people who have got a passing grade from standing and reading entirely from a script that was repeated on their slides....often mumbling, stuttering and skipping huge sections and still getting a pass mark.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.