Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now
    • Thread Starter


    I completed my AS under Edexcel for all of my subjects. I would like to continue through my A2 in these subjects. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to move to another country and take my A2 there.
    However, the schools I would have to go to offers CIE A-levels only.
    It looks like my AS subjects will not allow me to take CIE A2, since my AS were done under Edexcel and don't count, as far as I know, towards CIE A-levels.
    Is there a way to complete my A-levels in CIE without having to take CIE AS? Or if you could please suggest any other way to get out of this problem.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    Looks like from what? Have you talked to the schools and/or the board and what have they said?
    • Thread Starter

    Yes, I had talked to the school and they said they never had a similar situation so they advised me to retake my AS but under Cambridge.
    I feel this is a waste of my time and effort though as I got good grades in my Edexcel AS.
    Do you know of a way to take CIE A2 without retaking my AS?
    Thanks for responding.
Which web browser do you use?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.