The Student Room Group

How can I get my application up to scratch for Law at a good university ?

I have 2As at A Level in English Literature and Religious Studies. The reason I have 2 is due to very serious mitigating circumstances relating to health. I was planning on applying for an English degree, but missing the A* in it has led me to consider other options, and a law degree actually looks very appealing and interesting. Unfortunately it seems really competitive, and I know my grades right now aren't good enough for Durham, UCL, KCL, Bristol, Nottingham, LSE etc. I know many of these universities require A Levels to be completed in the course of 3 years,but I'm hoping the severity of my mitigating circumstances means they will be more compassionate or flexible.

My plan is to resit my last English module ( I got 96 100 100 and 73) to bring my grade up to an A*. KCL doesn't seem to accept resits of any kind, however. This is why I am also planning on studying two new A Levels over the course of this year, Classical Civilisarion and one of English Language or Psychology and will hopefully get an A* in one of those. Is there any chance whatsoever the Unis will take me with this current plan? What else can I do to make my application stand out? I have 6A*2A1B1C ( drama) at GCSE.

Any advice is appreciated.
You really need to contact the unis and explain your situation. In most cases they probably will say as long as you meet the entry requirements you will be fine.
Universities tend to be very understanding if you have satisfactory mitigating circumstances that are documented and accounted for in advance and not raised after the fact.
Reply 3
Original post by arrowhead
Universities tend to be very understanding if you have satisfactory mitigating circumstances that are documented and accounted for in advance and not raised after the fact.

Hopefully ! I like your of monsters and men image thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending