Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Chat

ReputationRep:
    SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Moved to Chat
    Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion on italic writing?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What is your opinion on italic writing?
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?
    Kinda true....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!
    Welcome to the i7 club :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Welcome to the i7 club :five:
    thanks a.r. it kind of takes the edge of it though, the fact that i got a warning for writing this message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Moved to Chat
    You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?
    He just informed you that the thread had been moved?

ReputationRep:
    Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    He just informed you that the thread had been moved?
    they also gave me a warning
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?
    i have had a few girlfriends, and then i married one. what advice do you need?
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always had computers, and now that i can afford one, i wanted to treat myself to a good one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?
    It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.
    But, why do you need that much power??? What do you even do that actually requires such a large amount of processing power???

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who finds Connor's story in Assassins Creed 3 the most tragic out of all the games?

ReputationRep:
    a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up.
    If it's got good resolution you don't need to squint. If you're squinting at something with high resolution you need to turn up your scaling.

ReputationRep:
    Ain't you the guy who got into tons of credit card debt?..

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.