New i7 Laptop AMA

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Chat

ReputationRep:
    SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Moved to Chat
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion on italic writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What is your opinion on italic writing?
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?
    Kinda true....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!
    Welcome to the i7 club :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Welcome to the i7 club :five:
    thanks a.r. it kind of takes the edge of it though, the fact that i got a warning for writing this message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Moved to Chat
    You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?
    He just informed you that the thread had been moved?

ReputationRep:
    Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    He just informed you that the thread had been moved?
    they also gave me a warning
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?
    i have had a few girlfriends, and then i married one. what advice do you need?
    (Original post by BobBobson)
    What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always had computers, and now that i can afford one, i wanted to treat myself to a good one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?
    It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.

ReputationRep:
    It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.
    But, why do you need that much power??? What do you even do that actually requires such a large amount of processing power???

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who finds Connor's story in Assassins Creed 3 the most tragic out of all the games?

ReputationRep:
    a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up.
    If it's got good resolution you don't need to squint. If you're squinting at something with high resolution you need to turn up your scaling.

ReputationRep:
    Ain't you the guy who got into tons of credit card debt?..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.