The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change university 2016 first year?

I just want to know if it too late or not. Even if it 99% i would still try speaking to both university and bet on that 1% to change uni cuz i do not want any regret later .i have already send email and hoping to get a reply soon. Basically my situation is that i have already went into my first two weeks in uni and even living on campus and i do not really like it for many reasons which i not going to explain because it would be just a endless text. However, would i still be able to change uni even if i already settle down into the current uni that i am in e.g. i have enrolled into the class and even paid the accomdation fee so there is no comming back? Or could i get a very slim chance to change uni?

Also few things is that the current uni is very far away from my home town (3 hour train) and there is a average okay ranking university near my home town and i kinda regret for not applying it during the clearing thing which is currently over .. few days pass the deadline. I didnt realise how much i dislike the current uni i am in because my parent and myself were desperate to get me a place in uni which i did sucessfully but it was just far away and i didnt research that university and the course detail since it was on the clearing page.

After spending 1 to 2 week in that uni , i did hope i get a chance to change university to the one near my home town. It is not because i want to be with my parent or friends , it is just thst the uni is convience where i can find restaurent and shop from just walking a few minute. The current uni i in is not bad and very green and peaceful , surrond by nature. However not very convience as it take a least 2 hour to get intothe main city or town via bus. Also my maintenance loan struggling to cover my living fees and etc and i prob need to find a job to cover the remaining fees so its very troubleaomw. If i couls just change uni fhen i will be a lot free. Im half asleep so there will be lot of typo error and sorry about that. But i will be very apperiate if anyone can give me a response or been in a similar situation
Hi,

There are lots of other students feeling the same way as you...even at your uni so you're not alone :smile:

Given that the clearing has passed you have a few options:
1 - you could try calling the uni you want to change to, just to see. You don't know unless you try but remember that even if they say yes, you would need to speak to Student Finance and your accommodation to see what can be done before you do anything

2 - you could drop out now and make a fresh application for next year

3 - (and this is the one I'd go for, if it were me) you could try sticking it out a little longer and see how things go. You may love it in a few weeks. If you still don't like it, you can stop studying at any point in year one.

4 - you could transfer to a different university at the beginning of year two following the completion of your first.To do this you’ll need to contact the university you’d like to go to and ask whether this could be an option and if they’d accept you transferring.
I hope that helps :smile:

Original post by Raymondo13
I just want to know if it too late or not. Even if it 99% i would still try speaking to both university and bet on that 1% to change uni cuz i do not want any regret later .i have already send email and hoping to get a reply soon. Basically my situation is that i have already went into my first two weeks in uni and even living on campus and i do not really like it for many reasons which i not going to explain because it would be just a endless text. However, would i still be able to change uni even if i already settle down into the current uni that i am in e.g. i have enrolled into the class and even paid the accomdation fee so there is no comming back? Or could i get a very slim chance to change uni?

Also few things is that the current uni is very far away from my home town (3 hour train) and there is a average okay ranking university near my home town and i kinda regret for not applying it during the clearing thing which is currently over .. few days pass the deadline. I didnt realise how much i dislike the current uni i am in because my parent and myself were desperate to get me a place in uni which i did sucessfully but it was just far away and i didnt research that university and the course detail since it was on the clearing page.

After spending 1 to 2 week in that uni , i did hope i get a chance to change university to the one near my home town. It is not because i want to be with my parent or friends , it is just thst the uni is convience where i can find restaurent and shop from just walking a few minute. The current uni i in is not bad and very green and peaceful , surrond by nature. However not very convience as it take a least 2 hour to get intothe main city or town via bus. Also my maintenance loan struggling to cover my living fees and etc and i prob need to find a job to cover the remaining fees so its very troubleaomw. If i couls just change uni fhen i will be a lot free. Im half asleep so there will be lot of typo error and sorry about that. But i will be very apperiate if anyone can give me a response or been in a similar situation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending