Conservative and radical- whats the difference (a2 sociology)

Watch
Mmmbbb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ok so I am writing notes for revision for sociology and I am on the topic of religion and religion and social change. Two things that keep coming up is 'conservative force" and "radical force" but what on earth is the difference between the two!?!? please help!!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
im not sure if this is right but this is what i think it means. If religion is a conservative force it inhibits social change if its a radical force i assume it means religion is a driving force for social change. An example of religion being a radical force could be the the black rights movement where the black priests and clergy were able to appeal to the shared values of the people in power. An example of a conservative force could be the fact that many religions do not allow women to take roles of power and leadership for example women cannot become priests.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads