The Student Room Group

Veterinary Nursing applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Jade.1
Yea same I've done general reading but nothing in depth yet, I'll spend more time on it next week! I haven't been to the uni but heard really good things so I have high hopes! Love that we get a practical skills lesson! What uni is your top choice or are you just waiting to see what offers you get?

I think Harper Adams is top atm but I will wait to see after all my offers come through - I have offers from harper and Warwickshire atm and interviews for Notts, hartpury😃 I like rvc but ive heard it very competitive 😓
Yeah same im going to do more next week! What is your top choice?
Reply 61
Original post by im.a.witch
Im getting worried i Havent been offered a place from Harper Adams :frown:

Its my favourite one i had interview on 19th dec

Dont worry too much! The admissions office is closed over Christmas and they might not have got through to replying to everyone before then😃
Reply 62
Original post by LisaEmma
I think Harper Adams is top atm but I will wait to see after all my offers come through - I have offers from harper and Warwickshire atm and interviews for Notts, hartpury😃 I like rvc but ive heard it very competitive 😓
Yeah same im going to do more next week! What is your top choice?

At the moment I have offers from Anglia Ruskin and sparsholt. I've had an interview with Middlesex, which is my top choice if I get an offer But I'll wait and see what I think of Nottingham! My mind keeps changing all the time of where I want to go!
Original post by amyfoster
thats amazing well done!! Harper is my top choice so anything you could tell me on the kind of things you were expected to do would be really appreciated!! are you going to accept your offer or are you waiting to hear from others first??

It was a really casual interview for me where we just had a general chat about why I want to be a vet nurse etc , experience was barely brought up for me , it was so casual just don't panic ! And I have an interview for hartpury in 2 weeks and want to hear back from RVC xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Hi, has anyone had an interview at Nottingham Trent yet?
Reply 65
Original post by lowriehamilton
Had my interview at Harper on Monday and it was a really nice afternoon! And the interview was casual which was really good! Was offered a place today ! 😊🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have an interview there in Feburary - what can I expect? What kind of questions did they ask?
Also, well done :smile:
Original post by BRN73
I have an interview there in Feburary - what can I expect? What kind of questions did they ask?
Also, well done :smile:

Mine was really casual, we just had a chat about why I wanted to be a vet nurse personally I wasn't asked anything about my work experience as such but I wrote in my personal statement about my horse with a condition us and the vets couldn't figure out and the woman who interviewed me also has horses so we mainly discussed that, but I wouldn't worry it is really casual and they are lovely people !! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Original post by lowriehamilton
Mine was really casual, we just had a chat about why I wanted to be a vet nurse personally I wasn't asked anything about my work experience as such but I wrote in my personal statement about my horse with a condition us and the vets couldn't figure out and the woman who interviewed me also has horses so we mainly discussed that, but I wouldn't worry it is really casual and they are lovely people !! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you thats made me feel a lot less stressed :smile: I have one at Nottingham Trent tomorrow so Im still a bit worried about that, but im sure it will be fine. Who interviewed you at Harper Adams?
Thanks again x
Original post by BRN73
ok thank you thats made me feel a lot less stressed :smile: I have one at Nottingham Trent tomorrow so Im still a bit worried about that, but im sure it will be fine. Who interviewed you at Harper Adams?
Thanks again x

Just relax ! Good luck I'm sure you will do great, and I can't remember her name but they all seemed so so nice like it wasn't stressful at all x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I'm at Nottingham tomorrow aswell, I've just been revising as much as I can on that list they gave us. I'm looking forward to looking around as I haven't been there yet!
anyone got Edinburgh Napier interview ?
Reply 71
What was the written task like for Harper? I have my interview next week :smile:
Original post by uni2017
What was the written task like for Harper? I have my interview next week :smile:

I cant really say exactly because it would be unfair us interviewed in the first group had no idea what to expect.

All i will say is that the will probably ask you to write about your work experience
Reply 73
Yeah I'd heard from previous years applicants it was about things such as good and bad experiences in the vets and work experience.
Original post by uni2017
Yeah I'd heard from previous years applicants it was about things such as good and bad experiences in the vets and work experience.

Yeah something along those lines :wink: Dont worry about it its not a formal test its just while you wait to be interviewed :smile:
Original post by uni2017

I think it's exactly what it says in the email of I remember correctly it's all really chill though , I definitely messed my written thing up because I was stressing but I still got offered a place 😊 good luck with your interview it's an amazing uni x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by im.a.witch
anyone got Edinburgh Napier interview ?

Yes, I have an interview on the 3rd march
Reply 77
My application got sent off to unis just before the christmas holidays as my college took forever doing the references etc and I've only heard from Plumpton asking for an essay and work experience reference etc and Nottingham asking for a work experience form to be completed. I've done both but had no reply and the others i've applied for (RVC, Hartpury and Middlesex) I haven't heard from regarding my application :/ really worried I won't get into uni because I'm doing an animal management diploma rather than A-levels :/
Original post by Luciann
My application got sent off to unis just before the christmas holidays as my college took forever doing the references etc and I've only heard from Plumpton asking for an essay and work experience reference etc and Nottingham asking for a work experience form to be completed. I've done both but had no reply and the others i've applied for (RVC, Hartpury and Middlesex) I haven't heard from regarding my application :/ really worried I won't get into uni because I'm doing an animal management diploma rather than A-levels :/

I wouldn't worry you don't have to do a levels to go to uni! they will get back to you they will just be busy juggling between applications and interviews etc
Reply 79
Original post by Lucyackroyd
I wouldn't worry you don't have to do a levels to go to uni! they will get back to you they will just be busy juggling between applications and interviews etc

I hope so! Just a bit nerve wracking to see people having interviews and offers etc and not yet hearing from places :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending