Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys,

I didn't wear my retainer so I have small gaps that have been created between my front 4 teeth. I want to have braces a 2nd time.

I want to get them done ASAP, so am thinking private dentistry.

Braces seem to range between £1900 - £4,000 in treatment. But if I only want to close some gaps which should take probably only about 4 months, 6 months maximum then does anyone know how much, or what percentage of the usual price I would expect to pay. E.g. If a see-through brace costs say £4,000 do you think that I would only be expected to pay a fraction of that, i.e. £1000 given that I hopefully shouldn't be wearing the braces for too long?

Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Thanks

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Hi guys,

I didn't wear my retainer so I have small gaps that have been created between my front 4 teeth. I want to have braces a 2nd time.

I want to get them done ASAP, so am thinking private dentistry.

Braces seem to range between £1900 - £4,000 in treatment. But if I only want to close some gaps which should take probably only about 4 months, 6 months maximum then does anyone know how much, or what percentage of the usual price I would expect to pay. E.g. If a see-through brace costs say £4,000 do you think that I would only be expected to pay a fraction of that, i.e. £1000 given that I hopefully shouldn't be wearing the braces for too long?

Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Thanks
      I wore braces twice , however i got my braces first time when i was 15 and took them off when i was 17! They told me to wear retainers and never did which made my teeth go much worse , so yeah just before i turned they put braces on me again and ive had them for a few months now! They are going straight again and i'll have taken them off in a few months time

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ayaz789)
      I wore braces twice , however i got my braces first time when i was 15 and took them off when i was 17! They told me to wear retainers and never did which made my teeth go much worse , so yeah just before i turned they put braces on me again and ive had them for a few months now! They are going straight again and i'll have taken them off in a few months time

Posted from TSR Mobile
      How much did it cost you the 2nd time, and was it done privately or on the NHS?

(Original post by Anonymous)
        How much did it cost you the 2nd time, and was it done privately or on the NHS?
        I got them a few days before i turned 18 so it was free tbh!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2016
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.