I am just starting my gap year (an unexpected one) and am thinking about how I'm going to keep myself usefully occupied over the next 11+ months! I am going to reapply for econ/joint honours this year, had applied for straight econ last year.
I am interested in working at an investment bank/consultancy firm but also want to keep becoming a CA/actuary open - so ideally get some work experience in those fields too.
These are my current ideas for my gap year - any advice/help/tips/new ideas that you could suggest would be appreciated
- reapply for entry 2017, change my PS - no Oxbridge deadline but I do want to get it in soon
- travel (make the best of those off peak prices )
- actually get some experiences in e.g. working/volunteering abroad - not just for competencies sake but to enrich me as a person
- paid part time work/tutor
- work experience (any particular tips on how to score some good ones?And should I find some related to econ?)
- apply for school leaver schemes
- learn to code
- study accounting/get any accounting qualifications (does anyone know anything about CFAB?)
Really, thank you so much (in advance), I would love to make the most out of my gap year
Struggling to get started?