(Original post by AshEntropy)
Just go with it! You're lucky to be getting a job in the first place
How am i lucky? Have i messed up?
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chill bro, they've offered you the job now and you have the date for the induction. Keep in mind, there's no harm in asking for the date again because you forgot. Being honest is always good, but I wouldn't worry about it this time. No point analysing it any further, just go to induction and enjoy your new job.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
if they haven't tried to revoke the offer yet they probably won't

just make sure you don't make any more mistakes
imranl97
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
Chill bro, they've offered you the job now and you have the date for the induction. Keep in mind, there's no harm in asking for the date again because you forgot. Being honest is always good, but I wouldn't worry about it this time. No point analysing it any further, just go to induction and enjoy your new job.
that really made me feel better, cheers bud
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by imranl97)
x
It means you haven't made a favourable impression because you have caused her extra hassle. Why didnt you remember the induction date? Maybe you should have written it down? She sensed you were making an excuse rather than fessing up to the fact you had forgotten. That excuse was a soft lie to her about your uni timetable, but was clumsy enough to see through. How would you react if someone you had just hired caused you to make extra phone calls and then lied?

They will give you a contract. You will have to work hard and build up a good reputatuion. Forget about it and move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.36%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
15.95%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.72%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.61%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (29)
17.79%

Watched Threads