The Student Room Group

Half of all Australians want to ban Muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akamega
The one thing I don't get about these immigration policy ideas is how they would execute them. How does one discern between a Muslim and Non-Muslim? Essentially, I think this witch-hunt against Muslims is quickly going to devolve into a racist one.

Islam isn't a race so calling it a racist witch hunt isn't really the right word to describe it.
Close-minded people.
Do they mean Muslim as "follower of the Islamic faith" because it's hard to point out who is a Muslim and who isn't? Let's say they had documents stating their religious faith. They could simply deny being associated with that faith if they feel like their threatened in any way or truthfully they could've left their faith. I'm just trying to think how it would work. If I missed someone's post where they explained it, forgive me I wasn't/am not bothered to go through the pages right now, I'm eating
Original post by SHallowvale
That's pretty bad.

I wonder if the 49% ever sat down and considered how a ban on Muslim immigration would actually work.

Half my family on my dads side are Australian but hold a similar perspective, the statement is simply a refusal of mass muslim migration not a 100% total ban for eternity. At least how I understand the general consensus.

it's not really surprising Australians hold these views with what's happened to Paris/
Cologne/Nice/Brussels/Rotherham/London etc over the last few years.

two or three years ago people were blasting Japan for not taking in thousands of "refugees" now most Australians are holding them as an example to follow. They have remained safe while Europe are struggling to integrate and fund their new arrivals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending