The Student Room Group

why does most of the maintenance loan come in when least needed?

my last term at UCL is only 7 weeks long, a lot of which will be spent revising in my room and not going out much since i'll have exams.. and yet it's the term where i get the highest amount of maintenance! i won't need that much as i'll have done most of my clubbing/drinking/eating out in the first and second terms. why the hell is it laid out like that? how can i get around it - do i just go into my overdraft and repay it in the third term?
Reply 1
Original post by tanyapotter
my last term at UCL is only 7 weeks long, a lot of which will be spent revising in my room and not going out much since i'll have exams.. and yet it's the term where i get the highest amount of maintenance! i won't need that much as i'll have done most of my clubbing/drinking/eating out in the first and second terms. why the hell is it laid out like that? how can i get around it - do i just go into my overdraft and repay it in the third term?

Your last lot is also meant to keep you over the summer holidays, and it's when you're typically thinking about paying accommodation deposits for next year. There's no way round is, as your loan is deliberately split into these segments.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending