Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I'm currently a Chemical Engineering student about to enter my second year of my degree. I wanted to ask anyone who has done a placement year what the best time would be to do my placement year; after my 2nd or 3rd year. Could I also have your reasons too? Thanks so much.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    Hello everyone. I'm currently a Chemical Engineering student about to enter my second year of my degree. I wanted to ask anyone who has done a placement year what the best time would be to do my placement year; after my 2nd or 3rd year. Could I also have your reasons too? Thanks so much.
    I didn't do a placement year, but I would advise you to take it when you can get it. I can't really see why it would matter whether you did it after your 2nd or 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa)
    Do you get a choice? If so I would apply for one for second year and if you don't get a placement you can apply again for third year.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.