The Student Room Group

A New Generation of conservatives is on the rise, Study finds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Lime-man
You're just being a hypocrite. You and others claim that the SJW's are acting out of their own insecurities (which is probably true), however, it's not hard to believe that you're also acting out of your own insecurites.

When you talk about "the constant propaganda", that's just paranoia, there's no such propaganda.
Well, sorry but it seems you do not believe that there is such thing as PC culture otherwise you would not speak this. Also, yes there are plenty social justice courses on American univerisites. Than pseduoscientific terms like "patriarchy", "white privelege" and so on are by humanity professors (who are all mostly left-wing) used as granted. And of course they indoctrinate their students. You do also know for example that gender studies are though in high schools in Berlin, right?

Than there are the media which promote this attitudes.

Here is one video of such social justice courses and there are plenty of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdztv0HDnCw

So when one day the students from this video become journalists or politician it is understandable where this PC culture is coming.

"When you talk about how the "idea of the evil white male dominanted society actually feminised the average male in the west" it's also just you being insecure. I don't feel any less masculine and that's because I don't let the opinions of a small minority of people affect my daily life. Do you? Because, if not then you're just like them with your conspiracy theory, tin-foil hatted ********."
I personally do not see myself as less masculine but I see caracters as you so. and you are even proving me I am right. The idea of my sentence comes a lot from talking to some females and listening to intellectuals like Milo. One girl litery told me so that modern day man are feminised. Than I watched when your companionsbehave on tourist visits and god such an impression.

"When you said that "Males used to open doors to ladies back then", I take it that you don't hold doors open for women much, because if you did, then you'd know that your statement was utter twiddle."
Well, actually I do. Not in every cases but very usuall.

Original post by Lime-man

When you say that "It is hillarious how in the supposed conservative 1950s people actually had more sex than the current degenrated PC millenials.". Why is it hilarious? Why does it matter? Sex is a private matter, I couldn't care less about how much or how little sex we're having as a society.

Yes, sex i a private matter. But it is also one of things a besides eating, sleeping and excersing that without people cannot normally funtion. Since millenials do not have sex the conclusion is they are living unhealthy. Maybe according to you it should be ignored.
Original post by slaven
The idea of my sentence comes a lot from talking to some females and listening to intellectuals like Milo.

BIB That is satire, right?
Original post by slaven
Well, sorry but it seems you do not believe that there is such thing as PC culture otherwise you would not speak this. Also, yes there are plenty social justice courses on American univerisites. Than pseduoscientific terms like "patriarchy", "white privelege" and so on are by humanity professors (who are all mostly left-wing) used as granted. And of course they indoctrinate their students. You do also know for example that gender studies are though in high schools in Berlin, right?

You show a clear disdain for facts and reality. Much like the very people you're speaking out against. Check the results of this YouGov survey: http://iis.yougov.co.uk/extranets/ygarchives/content/pdf/ST-Nov-topics_toplines.pdf

Firstly, it's clear that the majority of the population are in agreement that to some extent, women are still behind men and therefore feminism is still relevant with 68% of the survey saying that "Women get a better deal than ten years ago but are still behind men".
Secondly, it's clear that the majority of people (53%) believe that we are "as class-ridden as ever".So we know that the majority of the population are aware of some of the issues surrounding feminism and socioeconomic disparty between certain members of society, however, if you look at this IPSOS MORI poll you realise that 77% of the population agree that political correctness has gone too far. What does that show? That these people that you're so focussed on are irrelevant, that you're in the majority and that there's no ****ing conspiracy.

(source: https://www.ipsos-mori.com/researchpublications/researcharchive/237/Political-Correctness-Survey.aspx)

Than there are the media which promote this attitudes.

Here is one video of such social justice courses and there are plenty of them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdztv0HDnCw

So when one day the students from this video become journalists or politician it is understandable where this PC culture is coming.

There's a course you can study at Staffordshire University which has a whole segment dedicated to David Beckham, one day we're going to have a load of journalists and politicians all dedicated to the life's work of David Beckham.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2297395/David-Beckham-degree-at-Staffordshire.html

"When you talk about how the "idea of the evil white male dominanted society actually feminised the average male in the west" it's also just you being insecure. I don't feel any less masculine and that's because I don't let the opinions of a small minority of people affect my daily life. Do you? Because, if not then you're just like them with your conspiracy theory, tin-foil hatted ********."
I personally do not see myself as less masculine but I see caracters as you so. and you are even proving me I am right. The idea of my sentence comes a lot from talking to some females and listening to intellectuals like Milo. One girl litery told me so that modern day man are feminised. Than I watched when your companionsbehave on tourist visits and god such an impression.

First thing's first, if you want to be taken seriously later on in life, stop reading stuff by Milo. I know that when you're young you can feel like you're being original and edgy by taking the words of Milo as gospel but in the real world he's absolutely irrelevant. Secondly. If you don't see yourself as any less masculine then what the hell kind of point were you trying to make? One girl and an irrelevant blogger said that men are becoming more feminine so therefore they are?

"When you said that "Males used to open doors to ladies back then", I take it that you don't hold doors open for women much, because if you did, then you'd know that your statement was utter twiddle."
Well, actually I do. Not in every cases but very usuall.

In any case, this is again purely anecdotal. But for the purposes of discussion I propose you make a poll in this thread asking women if they feel like a man opening the door for them is sexist.

Yes, sex i a private matter. But it is also one of things a besides eating, sleeping and excersing that without people cannot normally funtion. Since millenials do not have sex the conclusion is they are living unhealthy. Maybe according to you it should be ignored.

Millenials do have sex though, just because they're having sex less doesn't make them unhealthy.
Reply 23
Original post by KingBradly
So-called left-wing millennials are often very puritanical at core. They're very frightened by sex. I saw a video of an SJW complaining about a pride event because all the sexually explicit stuff on display could trigger people, and because it was transphobic (somehow). This attitude has been growing for a while. I genuinely believe that these kinds of people are actually exactly the same kinds of people who were puritans and presbyterians back in the day, it's just now they don't use God to justify their insecurities, they use some backwards mental gymnastics.

Everything is transphobic.
Original post by joecphillips
Everything is transphobic.

You're focus on transphobia rather than phobiphobia is triggering my phobia.
This cannot apply to North America. I have a friend there and literally all American youth are tumblr using, kettlesexual, gender-inventing, self harming idiots who want Hillary to win.

Quick Reply