New students: how will you decorate your room?

Watch
kkboyk
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Curious to know how everyone else will decorate their room.

I'm personallu not going to bother, because its too much effort
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I won't be decorating my room too much, just taking a few bits and pieces from home which will make it a bit nicer and more personal, e.g. my cushion with a print of my cat on it, a few of my fossils & crystals, stuff like that
kkboyk
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I won't be decorating my room too much, just taking a few bits and pieces from home which will make it a bit nicer and more personal, e.g. my cushion with a print of my cat on it, a few of my fossils & crystals, stuff like that

What kind of fossils and crystals you have? This is a nice idea in fact
TrojanH
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
With binders full of women
fefssdf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Probably with a few bottles of wine and some snazzy posters
Vikingninja
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Posters.
username738914
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Effort tbh. I'm not a sentimental type of person so all those momentos and pictures from childhood etc don't particularly mean much/won't add much to my living in halls.

Might get a poster and some lights tho.. Maybe a lava lamp for the bants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Steampunk_Kitty
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I'm probably not going to do much or any decorating. Maybe a poster or two, but even then I'll have to find non damaging adhesive (not blutac) and I don't know if I can be bothered. I might put up my 'encouragement page' on the noticeboard, which is basically some pics of my character crushes and favourite singers haha. Otherwise I just have cool bed covers; one with the London Tube, and the other with space/astronaut cats. I don't have any pictures or anything I want to bring. I have a phone and laptop for that!
username2088165
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
What kind of fossils and crystals you have? This is a nice idea in fact
I've got quite a few different fossils, most of which I've found (e.g. ammonites, belemnites, and bits of crinoids), but I also have a few which I've bought (e.g. a mosasaurus tooth, a brachiopod, a pyritic (golden) ammonite, a polished orthoceras and a mammoth tusk fragment which I was given as a present). The crystals I've got are all shop bought, and I like all of them but I think I will take my large citrine cluster, small amethyst cluster and a few of my favourite tumblestones, like my tiger iron and labradorite. I've got quite a big collection so I'm trying to pick just a few specimens
kkboyk
(Original post by Princepieman)
Effort tbh. I'm not a sentimental type of person so all those momentos and pictures from childhood etc don't particularly mean much/won't add much to my living in halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel the same way.

I've bought a cactus to spice things up a bit, though I'll probably end up stepping on it but at least it'll make life a bit more interesting.

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
I've got quite a few different fossils, most of which I've found (e.g. ammonites, belemnites, and bits of crinoids), but I also have a few which I've bought (e.g. a mosasaurus tooth, a brachiopod, a pyritic (golden) ammonite, a polished orthoceras and a mammoth tusk fragment which I was given as a present). The crystals I've got are all shop bought, and I like all of them but I think I will take my large citrine cluster, small amethyst cluster and a few of my favourite tumblestones, like my tiger iron and labradorite. I've got quite a big collection so I'm trying to pick just a few specimens
I have to steal this idea
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
A lot of places won't allow: candles, fairy lights, plug adaptors, change of curtains, incense sticks, 'offensive' images in shared spaces. Still leaves plenty of scope.
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Last year I was the only one in my flat to leave with a completely blank wall. Don't see the point when I spent so little time in there anyway....
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How is a lava lamp "bants"??
username738914
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by akbar0123)
How is a lava lamp "bants"??
For the bants, for the ***** and giggles, for the hell of it are all figures of speech indicating that I'm doing it 'just because'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kkboyk
(Original post by fefssdf)
Probably with a few bottles of wine and some snazzy posters
Are you going to make artwork with those? Like this one:

(Original post by TrojanH)
With binders full of women
I completely misread that as you stapling women to your wall :laugh:
fefssdf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
Are you going to make artwork with those? Like this one:

I completely misread that as you stapling women to your wall :laugh:
those wine bottles looks really cool ; might have to considering doing that haha
kkboyk
(Original post by fefssdf)
those wine bottles looks really cool ; might have to considering doing that haha
It takes less than an hour too
DJMayes
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My room comes with boat oars hanging on the walls, so I think I'll stick with that.
fefssdf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DJMayes)
My room comes with boat oars hanging on the walls, so I think I'll stick with that.
Oh wow that's nice !
HelenPollard12
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
In my first year I didn't really decorate much cause my room was so small.

Currently though, I have a nice rug and a nice tapestry. I'm looking into getting an indoor plant, maybe a bonsai tree or something small and cute.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (30)
7.09%
October 2021 (194)
45.86%
November 2021 (44)
10.4%
December 2021 (56)
13.24%
January 2021 (46)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.22%