sex with your best friend? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
we're really close... we did go out for like 5 months but it didnt work out but we still get along great... but recently when we meet its started getting very intimate... we both want to try it out... but is it right to do so?? do u reckon it will ruin our relationship as friends??
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If it goes pearshaped it will destroy your friendship, I really don't think it's worth the risk unless you go back to a full on relationship.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
Personal experience; I've been doing this since before Christmas, and we've not had any problems.
It could just be that we're a very lucky case though.
Dark Flower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It might not destory your friendship, but either one of you could get hurt.
If you want to do this then you have to be very open about what you both want. You need to state whether it's just friends with benefits or anything else, because otherwise people get confused.
Go for it, but be careful.

Never fall for a shag buddy
Zebedee Funk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
General advice to live by...don't poo where you eat...i'd be very wary about doing anything if you're such close friends and it's just a shag.
Lucia.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Being a mate and mating are mutually exclusive.
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
we're really close... we did go out for like 5 months but it didnt work out but we still get along great... but recently when we meet its started getting very intimate... we both want to try it out... but is it right to do so?? do u reckon it will ruin our relationship as friends??
Really, don't go there, its dangerous territory, doesn't matter how close you are. If it doesn't destroy your relationship completely, things will be awkward for weeks, maybe months.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What happens if your best friend happens to be your girlfriend
Bigfoot
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I did it... and lost her as a freind.

Dont go there.
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Very risky if you value them as a friend...
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it depends on the people involved.

If you can both accpet that its just a bit of fun and nothing emotional gets involved with it then theres nothing wrong. Ive slept with most of my female friends in the past and had no problems with it
kizer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Generalisations won't work, it totally depends on the people involved. So no idea.
ginag123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
DONT!!!!!!! please dont lol

look at the thread i posted yesterday!!
Becca <3.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lord Voldething)
It might not destory your friendship, but either one of you could get hurt.
If you want to do this then you have to be very open about what you both want. You need to state whether it's just friends with benefits or anything else, because otherwise people get confused.
Go for it, but be careful.

Never fall for a shag buddy
:withstupi
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kizer)
Generalisations won't work, it totally depends on the people involved. So no idea.
Of course, but personally I don't see how a friendship could ever be the same without being a little weird, if it is actually a good friendship. If just a random mate, maybe not so much of a problem. For me, anything I've ever had with friends which was crossing that line between friendship and something more has resulted in some sort of awkwardness...
herbal bug
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sex with a best friend will destroy your friendship...it's not worth risking it unless you're sure of the consequences.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
I know people for whom it has worked, but having been there myself (mutual friends who dont know about it use TSR so posting as anon), our friendship survived but it was very awkward for a while afterwards.
noodles!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OK, I'm slightly confused. Isn't a relationship about being best friends but having sex too, if you want to? So it'd just be turned into a relationship.

But if it doesn't work out, there is no best friend there for you to pick up the pieces.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its not a good idea to mix friendship and sex. Sex complicates things big time.
sahsum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
once you do it theres no going back. Find someone less important to shag
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads