The Student Room Group

Help please!

I'm a few days into antibiotics and a oral solution for for tonsillitis. But yesterday I was (get ready for tmi) in the bathroom and had a stinging sensation when I went to the bathroom. I looked and saw that I have a spot down there. It has a white head and all like a normal pimple but it is stinging when I pee. I don't know if this is just a spot or if it could be a yeast infection from the medication I'm on or something else... Is there anything I can do to get rid of it at home ??
It could be related, or it might be something else - we can't know, so see your GP or a pharmacist.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a few days into antibiotics and a oral solution for for tonsillitis. But yesterday I was (get ready for tmi) in the bathroom and had a stinging sensation when I went to the bathroom. I looked and saw that I have a spot down there. It has a white head and all like a normal pimple but it is stinging when I pee. I don't know if this is just a spot or if it could be a yeast infection from the medication I'm on or something else... Is there anything I can do to get rid of it at home ??

If it's a normal spot then normal spot remedies will work for it (just be extra careful to avoid sensitive areas and read lables carefully). You could try this if you want and either try to pop it or put some cream on it or something, but it's probably best to ask a doctor or pharmacist first just to be safe. You can get spots down there just like anywhere else but it's also a bit of a hot spot for things like cysts and infections and trying to get rid of it as though it were a spot could agrivate the situation. Since you're on antibiotics there is an increased chance of something like that so it may be worth playing it safe and asking somebody before trying anything else.

Maybe call 111 and see what they suggest. They'll tell you if it's worth seeing a doctor and when.
Oh and good luck with the tonsilitis)
My dear, there are some things our mothers do not tell us and this is one of them:

You can get acne on your vagina! If it's a white head then chances are it really is just a spot in an unfortunate place. I've had them on/off for the past eight years and they're an absolute b*tch but they do no harm. If it stings really badly, put sudo cream or some kind of nappy cream on it, it really helps!

Quick Reply

Latest