Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The reason people are offended is because others disgaree. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if you're offended, no one owes you an opinion that fits in with your world view. This pandering to people's discomfort with offense has led to polarised conversations on subjects people haven't even bothered to educate themselves in.

If I can work out your opinion on climate change from your foreign policy positions, you are a robot.

u talking 2 me m8?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jetboy)
      I don't care if you're offended, no one owes you an opinion that fits in with your world view.
      Testify!

This pandering to people's discomfort with offense has led to polarised conversations on subjects people haven't even bothered to educate themselves in.
      Disagree with this. The silencing of views that may offend has led to a homogeneity of "acceptable" opinion on many contentious issues.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jetboy)
      I don't care if you're offended, no one owes you an opinion that fits in with your world view. This pandering to people's discomfort with offense has led to polarised conversations on subjects people haven't even bothered to educate themselves in.

If I can work out your opinion on climate change from your foreign policy positions, you are a robot.

Absolutely. If most of your views are entirely predictable after just hearing one or two, then the overwhelming chances are that you are a moron.

ReputationRep:
      Reading your post really made me crave some chicken katsu curry. But yes you're right, people have become very precious and are offended by anything these days

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.