Worst/most boring match you watched or been to?

Announcements Posted on

So what's the worst or most boring game you can remember watching or going to?

One last season I can remember was the Villa v Newcastle at Villa Park towards the end of the season, I barely remember any shots in that game. I can remember a couple games under Martin O'Neill being really boring like one against Fulham on a cold winters day.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal/Sunderland first game of the season in 2012 was the absolute pits, and it sticks in the memory

ReputationRep:
    I remember going to Arsenal vs West Ham I believe back when I was 13, so 7 years ago. Dead 0-0 draw, can't remember a minute of it

edit: having just looked back at the fixtures Arsenal managed to draw 1-1 with spurs then draw 0-0 4 times in a row, the West Ham game being one of them. Dead time at the club clearly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    So what's the worst or most boring game you can remember watching or going to?

One last season I can remember was the Villa v Newcastle at Villa Park towards the end of the season, I barely remember any shots in that game. I can remember a couple games under Martin O'Neill being really boring like one against Fulham on a cold winters day.
    Man City Vs Red Bull Salzburg 2010
    We won 3-0 but the weather was awful (it was snowing) and so were Salzburg.

ReputationRep:
    Bolton vs Arsenal, February 2012 I think it was. 0-0, awful game and it was absolutely freezing as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mancitygirlx)
    Man City Vs Red Bull Salzburg 2010
    We won 3-0 but the weather was awful (it was snowing) and so were Salzburg.
    3-0 win the most boring game you've been too? Surely not haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Arsenal/Sunderland first game of the season in 2012 was the absolute pits, and it sticks in the memory

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Bolton vs Arsenal, February 2012 I think it was. 0-0, awful game and it was absolutely freezing as well.
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    I remember going to Arsenal vs West Ham I believe back when I was 13, so 7 years ago. Dead 0-0 draw, can't remember a minute of it

edit: having just looked back at the fixtures Arsenal managed to draw 1-1 with spurs then draw 0-0 4 times in a row, the West Ham game being one of them. Dead time at the club clearly
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Watched:

1997/98 FA Cup R5 - Arsenal v Crystal Palace at Highbury, the ball was just being hoofed around the midfield, neither goalkeeper was troubled.

Been to:

Liverpool v FC Sion in the EL last season.

ReputationRep:
    England vs Algeria World Cup 2010.

Nothing is as bad as that. Not even Van Gaal's football last season.

ReputationRep:
    Hendon FC v Wealdstone

The 1995/96 cup final between Liverpool and Man United, I remember being so disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    Baggies in either 2005 or 2006 at VP. Dreadful match, 0-0. Don't even think there was a shot on target.

Blues vs Man U 2007/8. Aside from Ronaldo rounding the keeper that was AIDS as well. (I went with a Blues supporting friend, free ticket.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    England vs Algeria World Cup 2010.

Nothing is as bad as that. Not even Van Gaal's football last season.
    Rooney's rant

If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have even known he played in that World Cup tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Rooney's rant

If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have even known he played in that World Cup tbh.
    In Rooney's defence he got injured playing for us in the CL and clearly wasn't fully fit for the tournament.

He should never have been taken but when the alternatives are Emile Heskey and Peter Crouch, what else could Capello do?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Football articles
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.