Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    in my GCSE's I got 5A*, 4As and 1B. the B is in English language some uni's say in A in English does that mean English language or English lit or can it be either like (like can you swap them in or something?). also how set in stone are GCSE requirements, will they bin my application the minute they see the B and their requirements are an A? I am two marks off an A and I have had my remark come back with no joy is there anything else I can do.
    any advice would be amazing

    When they say English, they mean English Language. If it's a requirement that you have an x grade, and you don't, yes, they will probably automatically reject your application. There are always exceptions, and it might be worth contacting the specific uni to see what they have to say. You can always think about remarking / resitting English language.
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.