Where to apply with 690 on UKCAT?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    I recently sat my UKCAT and got an average score of 690, along with Band 2 in the SJT. I want to apply to Sheffield and I'm wondering if this score is high enough (I know they take the UKCAT very seriously in deciding who to interview lol). I'm also looking to apply to Liverpool, HYMS and King's College London.
    Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    You can pretty much applying anywhere, except the uni's which rely solely on UKCAT for interview as this is where people with 700+ normally apply.

Sheffield said on their website that the minimum UKCAT is 675 average I think, so apply there so close to the min may be risky.

What are your GCSE's like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    You can pretty much applying anywhere, except the uni's which rely solely on UKCAT for interview as this is where people with 700+ normally apply.

Sheffield said on their website that the minimum UKCAT is 675 average I think, so apply there so close to the min may be risky.

What are your GCSE's like?
    Could you point out to me where Sheffield state their minimum average? I can't seem to find it and I got 8A*s 4As and a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatetswizzle)
    Could you point out to me where Sheffield state their minimum average? I can't seem to find it and I got 8A*s 4As and a B
    It was under 2017 UKCAT.

With your GCSE's you would be in a strong position for Cardiff and QUB also

ReputationRep:
    Copied from their website.

"In addition to the academic requirements, candidates must have achieved a score of 1850/2700 or above to be given consideration"
    Works out as 616 average, I thought it was much higher. You seem to be in a strong position to apply

EDIT: Turns out last years cut off was 675 I think, sorry I got them mixed up

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.