The Student Room Group

UKCAT Tomorrow, give me one piece of advice?

As above my test is tomorrow. I'd be grateful if you could give me one tip for the exam
Don't fail
Reply 2
You are time restricted, but dont make the mistake of not giving yourself enough time to think through each question before answering*
Dont panic. Always be wary of time. Check when half the time has passed and speed up if necessary.Spending too long on just 1 question can make you miss out easy marks later on. Best of luck!
Original post by Zakadoh
You are time restricted, but dont make the mistake of not giving yourself enough time to think through each question before answering*

Thanks, I hadn't thought of it that way

Original post by cookiemunch12
Dont panic. Always be wary of time. Check when half the time has passed and speed up if necessary.Spending too long on just 1 question can make you miss out easy marks later on. Best of luck!

Cheers, I'll make sure I answer everything or at least guess

Original post by RiahDawson
Don't fail

Sound advice:smile:
Reply 5
here are some rough time scales for each section:
in the QR you have approx 40 seconds to answer each question,
in AR, you have 1 minutes for type 1 and 4 exercises and 30 seconds for type 2 and 3,
in VR you have 2 minutes per text, or 30 per question,
in SJ you have about 15 seconds to answer the questions..
Remember, you can always flag a question and come back to it, never leave an answer blank - they aren't marked negatively, just don't waste time on a question! Timings seems to be the hardest thing with this exam, so just keep an eye on how long you're taking!
Best of luck!!
Original post by kjm98
here are some rough time scales for each section:
in the QR you have approx 40 seconds to answer each question,
in AR, you have 1 minutes for type 1 and 4 exercises and 30 seconds for type 2 and 3,
in VR you have 2 minutes per text, or 30 per question,
in SJ you have about 15 seconds to answer the questions..
Remember, you can always flag a question and come back to it, never leave an answer blank - they aren't marked negatively, just don't waste time on a question! Timings seems to be the hardest thing with this exam, so just keep an eye on how long you're taking!
Best of luck!!

Thanks mate, i'll keep an eye on the time
Reply 7
Keep CALM!
Make sure you eat something nutritious before the test, so you don't get hungry
(I didn't eat anything that day and my stomach was rumbling by the last section)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leave decision making, rather than invest unnecessary stress & energy on a section that doesn't count use a few mins to recover after VR, chill and get your mind set ready for the next section

Hope it goes well:tongue:
Original post by HopelessMedic
Thanks, I hadn't thought of it that way

Cheers, I'll make sure I answer everything or at least guess

Sound advice:smile:

Well done on your score. Any advice for vr and ar?
Original post by cookiemunch12
Well done on your score. Any advice for vr and ar?

For VR I always read the first sentence of the text, so I knew what it was about and then scan the rest for about 5 seconds. Then read the q and try to answer.

For AR I got kinda lucky cause I had to guess a few, but if you need to guess just forget about any rules and go with whichever one looks right.
Original post by HopelessMedic
As above my test is tomorrow. I'd be grateful if you could give me one tip for the exam

dont stress is what you advised me

Quick Reply

Latest