Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Physics help please because my teacher is a chemistry teacher by trade :{ Watch

ReputationRep:
    So guys, i've been essentially self studying AS physics so far and have amassed a plethora of questions which keep me up at night... well kind of...
    1. How can Pi Mesons (neutral) exist if they consist of a quark ant quark pair ( d anti d)(u anti-u): why do they not annihilate one another?

2. What is the difference between interaction and decay, as protons change into neutrons, emitting a positron and neutrino yet are stated as fundamentally stable particles?

3. what does a K+ meson decay to form?

4. Can particles decay to form more massive products via weak interaction, or is it essential for strong interaction to result in more massive products, with kinetic energy converted to mass?

5. Why do leptons decay( ie muons to electrons) if they are fundamental?

6.How can neutrinos have antiparticles if they possess no charge?

7. What is strangeness and are particles only deemed strange due to their abnormally long life spans before decay(ie K+ mesons)

Thank you to anyone who can help because not knowing these questions has hindered my early understanding of physics. Any aid at all would be much appreciated!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I've moved this into the physics forum for you :wizard:

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.