The Student Room Group

Are these the right subjects for me?

I'm 3 weeks in my AS Levels in Year 12 and I'm taking Business Studies, Statistics, Media Studies and BTEC Applied Science (new course). I would like to work in the computer game industry when I'm older but leaning more towards the marketing and advertising side of the industry (Business and Statistics).
I'm wondering if these are the right subjects for me as a lot of people say these are 'soft' subjects but to be honest, they are the only ones I can do as I only got a C in GCSE Maths. If there are any that aren't right for me, should I drop any of these or switch subjects?
And I'm not sure if I should do all of these in Year 13 as A2 levels because I'm finding it slightly challenging already after only 3 weeks in.
A friend told me yesterday that if I wanted to quit Stats, I should go with an EPQ in Stats next year instead. Please help...
Too late to switch subjects now really, but would you even listen to advice anyway (a number of posters told you that this was too soft a number of weeks ago)?
Reply 2
Original post by AlexS101
Too late to switch subjects now really, but would you even listen to advice anyway (a number of posters told you that this was too soft a number of weeks ago)?

I wanted to change the subjects but one of the Sixth Form teachers told me that these were my only choices if I wanted to go into the computer game industry.

Quick Reply

Latest