The Student Room Group

Referee for independent applicant?

I've just started up my UCAS application for 2017 having completed my Access Diploma in June, but since I am applying independently (not through a college) I wasn't sure if I should ask a previous tutor from my Access course or if I should ask my current employer for a reference?
Original post by Nicoley-oley
I've just started up my UCAS application for 2017 having completed my Access Diploma in June, but since I am applying independently (not through a college) I wasn't sure if I should ask a previous tutor from my Access course or if I should ask my current employer for a reference?

Your previous tutor would be the best option seeing as they can coment on your academic ability
Original post by jelly1000
Your previous tutor would be the best option seeing as they can coment on your academic ability

Okay, I assumed so, I just wasn't sure if they'd want to for an ex student, seeing as they have a hundred new students that they need to write references for, thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Nicoley-oley
Okay, I assumed so, I just wasn't sure if they'd want to for an ex student, seeing as they have a hundred new students that they need to write references for, thank you :smile:

It's often standard practice to write references for all students and keep them on file for future, er, reference...
Original post by jneill
It's often standard practice to write references for all students and keep them on file for future, er, reference...

Ah fair enough, haha thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending