Turn on thread page Beta

party and life in general - why do girls only go for the same guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lord Voldething]Well speaking from a 16 year old girls point of view, it depends what the girl is looking for really. If someone is just looking for a snog, or more, or whatever, then yes they are probably going to go for the good looking, out going types.
    But if they're looking for a real relationship then intelligant girls are going to realise that you need more than good looks for a relationship to work.

OP girls at party's aren't usually looking for their next long term partner, if you want a relationship with someone then prehaps look elsewhere.

Why do you even want to be with these girls, they sound quite shallow...[/QUOTE]

as its a internet forum i'll be quite blunt. i have a super-ego. i want to know i can do this and everything else. sadly theres people like me out there.

ReputationRep:

as its a internet forum i'll be quite blunt. i have a super-ego. i want to know i can do this and everything else. sadly theres people like me out there.
    Do what?
    Shag some girls?
    Oh please mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Voldething)
    Do what?
    Shag some girls?
    Oh please mate
    no, people from that group of girls. i can go for the average looking ones again but that would be boring wouldn't it?
    sorry but i'm just an ********. and no one would get hurt so why not?

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys finish last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coloursonthetv)
    I hope this isn't truthful, you basically deserve a slap.

1) A decent girl will not give a damn who you're friends with unless they are actually horrible people.
    2) You obviously weren't a decent mate though.

OP, stop stereotyping girls, basically.

That's not fair, they can't help it.

It's a question of age. At 16, a lot of girls find popular, rebellious characters attractive. As they grow up, they find success more attractive (both for evolutionary reasons - think about it).

So your "have good mates and do well at A Levels" strategy isn't great for picking up girls now, but you will win in the long run, trust. When you've got a good job and good prospects they'll flock to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_innovator)
    no, people from that group of girls. i can go for the average looking ones again but that would be boring wouldn't it?
    sorry but i'm just an ********. and no one would get hurt so why not?
    lmao
    you just wana get with a fit girl at a party
    i pity you mate...

Well, that kind of changes things. If you want to get with the "fit" girls for a quickie, then you have to make yourself attractive to them, like some else said (and who sounded like a jerk). Work out maybe, wear good clothes, have some interests, hang around with other attractive people. Be shallow.
    If your going to a new college, then this is the perfect time to change your image.

Personally, I think you should go for someone who you don't have to change for. And in a few years, a lot of these girls will have realised that they're not just after a good looking bloke, so why not wait?
    Oh and be careful with the "no one's going to get hurt", those girls, in my experience, quite often have low self esteem, so throw themselves at guys to make themselves feel better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    When you've got a good job and good prospects they'll flock to you.
    exactly

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16, I was a geekish, shy girl...And not much has changed. xD No seriously, I'm a lot more confident now, have cool friends, but I still do my work for Uni and work hard at my job and stuff, it's all about attitude and stuff, just put yourself out there, seize opportunities and if the girls see you confident and self-assured, it's a lot more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    i'm normally do the "i'm a ******* shtick" but from reading this rabble i'm no longer needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TopSortedMadForIt)
    Its picking up on things like that and bothering to call me on it thats probably the problem: i.e general uncoolness.
    knowing what words mean is for losers. right on, daddy-o. let's go and steal some nerdjerks' warhammer men and benchpress them. on 3... no, wait on 2! yeah, that's a far more proactive number...

ReputationRep:
    guys, none of us are exactly losers and we're proper m8s so ditching them is not an option. that would be rather desperate no? and anyway, we want to focus on getting good a levels and then 50 cents quote, "the top looks so much better than the bottom, so much better" may have some clarity. but you got to admit that a 18 year old guy with a 13 year old is quite weird.
    There's your answer probably... Classic case of older guy syndrome.

At the age of 16, girls tend to swoon over older guys, regardless of whether they are idiots or not. Fact of life.

Lesson to be learned? Go for 14 year olds.

Jooooke.

ReputationRep:
    They don't

Often I keep quiet about what guys I like :ninja:

Usually they're quiet and nerdy like me, but then I've had people (a relative of mine even) say 'really... he sucks but then hey so do you!' so you know. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    its the ****ing internet m8. get a grip. and how can you talk about general uncoolness, warhammer mates lmfao. from your posts you seem really insecure and while i was indecisive about things i do pity you.
    Yea the fact that its the internet makes it worse: you actually took time to call me out on it: congratulations.

Why should who you used to hang out with define you now....yes some of my mates liked warhammer...but one of mates had slept with 20 women by his 16th brithday....I knew all sorts of people.

Come on man, which is uncooler, a guy who can't get laid and asks for advice online, or a guy who can get laid? Newb.

edit: Just heard about your "super ego" and how you can do anything. Yea, anything except type properly, come up with a decent comeback and, most importantly, GET LAID!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the other guys aren't bitter and *****y?

ReputationRep:
    Yea the fact that its the internet makes it worse: you actually took time to call me out on it: congratulations.

Why should who you used to hang out with define you now....yes some of my mates liked warhammer...but one of mates had slept with 20 women by his 16th brithday....I knew all sorts of people.

Come on man, which is uncooler, a guy who can't get laid and asks for advice online, or a guy who can get laid? Newb.

edit: Just heard about your "super ego" and how you can do anything. Yea, anything except type properly, come up with a decent comeback and, most importantly, GET LAID!! :rofl:
    One day you will realise how silly you look right now. Until then enjoy your empty goals and ellesse tracksuits.

ReputationRep:

First of all, we all take time to type this responses. :eek: shocking isn't it ****ing dumbass. and you're just being a friggin hypocrite when you say i can't type properly. seems like you tripped up on your own stupid idea of 'its uncool to pick up on things like that'.

It defines what sort of person you are. in your case, you went from geek/nerd to a sellout he-man who probably has no real friends. which in fact, this highlights the insecurity you must've went through. i'm not feeling it so that doesn't make me uncool unlike you. by the way, i emphasize the fact that I DIDN'T HANG OUT WITH LOSERS AGAIN. unlike you

and again m8, its because i've never really tried. ever heard of having a girlfriend. yeah i had one, and that doesn't usually include getting with other women. i felt i had to make this perfectly clear because you sound like a dumb ****.

when i do get laid, which i will, i think i will win this little argument because besides getting laid you don't seem to have much of a life. well, apart from crying over your muscle building regime.

hmm, am i getting a bit deep now mate. because i think that constitutes a better comeback than yours jeb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesh^^)
    Maybe the other guys aren't bitter and *****y?
    yeah, this is true. but we and my mates stick together through thick and thin. guys like 'topsortedmadforit' (aka the ones which i was describing) are people we come across all the time. and even though we may be softer individually, we help each other out and kick the crap out of the *******s when theres trouble.

thats what real friends are for. agree, no?

ReputationRep:
    Girls of this age aren't looking for serious relationships or looking for guys who they think they could make a go of things with.

Sure, they probably know deep down in their sub-conscious that the guys they are swooning upon are unproviding morons and wasters who are going to do nothing in life, and equally they know that you and your type of guys are going to do academically and probably professionally well for yourself and create a better life for yourself and your family.

Unfortunately this is over-written by the fact that young girls have raging hormones that attract them to chiselled grins, six packs and bad-boy attitudes.

Once you and they get a bit older you'll see a major difference in girls' attitude. I'm not saying they'll all start fancying you when they mature, some of them wont mature at all and will remain this way well into their middle ages:P... but in general when you and girls of your age get a bit more mature, it'll be easier.

ReputationRep:
    Girls mature faster than bois. This explains a helluva lot 14-20 yrs old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capitalP)
    Girls mature faster than bois. This explains a helluva lot 14-20 yrs old.

Erm, surely this whole thread is an example of girls not maturing faster than guys (or at least the OP and his friends)? These 16 year old girls are fascinated by the immature 'hard' boys, rather than making mature, reasoned decisions about partners, not exactly a sign of maturity.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2007
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.