Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Getting a council house?? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys! Im new to this forum so if I posted this in the wrong section then please let me know so I can change it. Thank you

    Anyways, im 18 yo (in under 2 months) and im currently a full time student doing my A levels. Next year towards the summer me and my girlfriend are looking at renting a place together, reason being that my parents want to move to a different town due to financial problems, however, I will still be a full time student next year. What I want to know if me and my girlfriend will be able to get a council house when we will be full time students working part time jobs. I did try doing online research but i couldnt find anything. I looked on the council website and it did mention educational reasons but it wasnt ver clear. Im going to go to the council this weekend and find out but I was wondering if you guys know anything? Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

    The information should be on the website. You normally register on a waiting list and then bid for places according to how long you have been waiting. Its hard for us to say anything becayse we have no idea which council. They are long term rents normally .
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2016
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.