Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Right now I'm in the dilemma of either going down the Sport route or IT route. I'm 17 and I'm choosing what subject to take in College. I took a course in IT (Level 3 System Support) but I found it boring and didn't enjoy it. My hobby is Sports and I'm about to take a Level 3 Course in Sport but at the start of September I was doing Level 3 Web Development.

I've looked for jobs related to Sport in my area and there aren't many jobs going compared to Web Development, but I find Web Development not really fun and I'm not sure what to go for, Sport or Web/IT.

Any suggestions or help? Thanks.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Are you only allowed one? Why not do both if you can. I usually advise taking the subject you enjoy more. Jobs are hard to come by in any field but if you're passionate and good at your job it gets easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Are you only allowed one? Why not do both if you can. I usually advise taking the subject you enjoy more. Jobs are hard to come by in any field but if you're passionate and good at your job it gets easier.
    Yes, I can only pick one! I don't know which to go for.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.