The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know what you mean, I was terrible this weekend. Back on track now though, yay.
does anyone else drink diet coke when they are hungry to get rid of the feeling? I never use to drink it because I know its bad for my teeth but now I would rather lose weight and jeopradise my teeth. I don't drink it excessively but it certainly is a change from drinking water all the time.
Reply 3
why does having over 10000 posts make a thread get locked?
Reply 4
dancing-queen
does anyone else drink diet coke when they are hungry to get rid of the feeling? I never use to drink it because I know its bad for my teeth but now I would rather lose weight and jeopradise my teeth. I don't drink it excessively but it certainly is a change from drinking water all the time.

Fruit juice does the same thing, but without affecting your teeth.
Spoog!
Fruit juice does the same thing, but without affecting your teeth.

Not really. I mean, fruit juice is often very sugary and it's quite a few calories per 250ml glass.
Reply 6
BGTY cranberry juice only has 10 calories per 250 mls. But generally fruit juice is quite sugary.
Reply 7
Tagit
why does having over 10000 posts make a thread get locked?

Because it puts too much unnecesary strain on the server. :smile:

Wooo. :biggrin: Amazingly happy today! :smile: I have finally reached 40lbs loss, so only 2 more pounds to go before 3 stone. :biggrin:

Went to the gym this morning, but ended up chatting so i didn't do anything. Went to see The Simpsons, and then walked back (about 3 miles). Then popped in the gym & did 40 minutes. Yay!

In the last few days i haven't eaten much at all (mostly to do with a major hangover) so i think my body might have gone into starvation mode atm, but tbh i can't do anything about it.

Woo... i love feeling like this! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Bexiness!
Wooo. :biggrin: Amazingly happy today! :smile: I have finally reached 40lbs loss, so only 2 more pounds to go before 3 stone. :biggrin:

Woah, 'grats.

Doing so-so at the moment, my eating's been pretty good.. probably due to the heat. I don't really eat much when it's hot. Maybe I should move somewhere lovely and hot all the time, then I'd be uber skinny. :rolleyes:

Er, I digress.

Exercise hasn't been the best recently. Curse my laziness! Grrr.
Reply 9
Reply 10
Bleh.

That is all.
Reply 11
Quite sugary but doesn't have all those artificial ingredients in it that diet coke does, chemically fruit juice is better for you. Each to their own I guess.

What's wrong Carreh?
Reply 12
i dont think i'm gunna diet anymore just concentrate on growing half a foot then my weight would be better ditributed.

back to eating today gave myself a kick up the bum!

breakfast- rice crispies
lunch- none (not intentional)
dinner- chicken breast with salad in a brown pitta bread

then proceeded to eat like 6 marshmallows dipped in melted choc eeeeek
oh well it was delicious :smile: i'l gym it tomoro!
Reply 13
Oh wow this weekend, in terms of eating MAJORLY SUCKED BUM :redface:

Think...chips, pasta, paella, beer, maccyd's, vodka, ice cream, tiramisui...just, everything :redface:

BUT I had a fantastic weekend, didn't want to come home, so I'm really not bothered! :p:
Reply 14
Gem
Oh wow this weekend, in terms of eating MAJORLY SUCKED BUM :redface:

Think...chips, pasta, paella, beer, maccyd's, vodka, ice cream, tiramisui...just, everything :redface:

BUT I had a fantastic weekend, didn't want to come home, so I'm really not bothered! :p:

Well as long as you had fun that's all that matters :smile:

Today has been a bit... Errr.... Interesting....

B- Muslei w/skimmed milk and banana
L- Wholemeal pitta w/homous, peppers, cucumber, and leaves, small slice of cheese :frown:
S- packet of hula hoops
D- quorn dippers, cottage cheese, and runner beans, strawberries.

Lots of food and no physical activity whatsoever :frown:
Reply 15
mc_hamster
BGTY cranberry juice only has 10 calories per 250 mls. But generally fruit juice is quite sugary.

what does the BGTY stand for??

I drink ocean spray cranberry light and that has 21ish cals per 100 ml!
Reply 16
Blah, I've gotten to that point again when I start hating my body and feeling undesirable :frown:

*sigh*
Reply 17
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have another week where I have lost nothing. Which is horrid. Only the second time its happened in 8 months :frown:
Reply 18
don't worry carreh, i think i've gained. i've been soooo bad since i got back from holiday, i just haven't been able to get back into a routine! i didn't wake up early enough to go to the gym before work this morning, and as i'm working two jobs back to back i'm not going to be able to go at all :frown:.

BUT i can make sure i eat sensibly today, and i did walk into work this morning, plus working at the bar i'm on my feet running around all night then i'll be walking back home afterwards so at least it's SOME movement - just so long as i get through this day eating only good, clean food, i should be happy. i need just one good day so i feel back on track!

i got relaxed in my routine because i knew i only had one pound to lose for my birthday goal weight on the 12th - but now i reckon i'm at least 5lbs away :frown:.

Weigh-day tomorrow - but honestly, i'm thinking i'll just skip it this week, and hop back on the scales next week otherwise i might get too overwhelmed and give up!!!!

:frown: booyah.
Ah, Just found this thread (still a newbie here and doing more lurking than posting on the whole)

Anyway, may as well join in here :smile:

Rather a lot overweight I'm afraid, 19 and a half stone :eek: , want to get down to about 14 and a half (still pretty heavy....but I am 6'4"), was 21st 11lb :eek: back in Feb this year, so at least I'm moving in the right direction! :smile:

Latest