• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    cool - well you are allowed a treat, and i wouldn't call it 'naughty' :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    i'm going to be naughty for the next few days, got a chocolate birthday cake to eat up!
    you could always share it :p:

(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    cool - well you are allowed a treat, and i wouldn't call it 'naughty' :p:
    yeah it was fine abd I was proud of me and glad I fuelled my body as I felt a bit headachey and dizzy!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    yeah, headaches and dizziness usually mean feed me now with lots of sugar.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    you could always share it :p:
    after i share with my flatmates i've still got a sizeable amount to myself hehe!
    plus i'm still ill so i'm treating myself :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    my hormones want chocolate - you need to feed them for me!

ReputationRep:
    A tip - fill up your water bottle with with tap/filtered water and pop a slice of lemon into it - makes the water taste nice all day!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    my hormones want chocolate - you need to feed them for me!
    if you come over i'll give you a huge slice!
    oo and the lemon in water tip is a good one!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    depends if you like lemony water - which i do - i may try that..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    if you come over i'll give you a huge slice!
    oo and the lemon in water tip is a good one!
    But i'm stuck in edinburgh...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    *dhls chocolate cake to Kirsty*

ReputationRep:
    My next bit of chocolate cake is liable to be round xmas. That's the closest celebration time in my family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateEyes)
    My next bit of chocolate cake is liable to be round xmas. That's the closest celebration time in my family
    Same here. Its going to be an absolute nightmare! I have 3 birthdays (1 is mine) in December, then Christmas.

Went round my grandparents yesterday & my nan cooks a lot of her own food which as you can imagine is full of bad stuff. I didn't want it insult her by saying I didn't want anything so I ate way over what I had been eating & got straight on the bike when I got home. Haven't put on a pound so I'm dead happy about that!

Today, I've had:

B: (no breakfast as I had to rush out of the door as soon as I got up)
    L: Cream of tomato soup with a slice of toast)
    D: 6 southern fried chicken gorgons (sp?), jacket potato with cottage cheese

No snacks. May have a yogurt in a minute as I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten enough today, but the southern fried chicken was my naughty treat today!

Trying to get below 10 stone is proving impossible! I'm sticking at the same point which is fustrating!

How long have you been stuck at the same weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    How long have you been stuck at the same weight?
    Only about a week which is nothing really I guess!

ReputationRep:
    Breakfast - Muesli with S/Skimmed Milk
    Toast and a banana

Lunch - Cheese/Tuna-mayo/Chicken Sandwiches (sometimes leftovers from the previous night)
    Pasta
    Rice

Dinner - It'll vary, but I'm gonna go for chicken and fish fairly often, with plenty of veg.

Snacks - Fruit, Crackerbread, Nuts, Chilled water

Just a basic plan so far...(there should be a resource somewhere for helping to plan out healthy and cheap meals.) To be honest, cost is a pretty big issue here, so I'll likely be shopping at Aldi/Lidl, but I'm pretty happy with the quality of their stuff. The toast and all the bread will be wholemeal, any sauces and mayo/cheese will be low fat whenever possible, and I'm keeping the water chilled because you burn off those few extra calories warming it up. I desperately need to cut down on the amount of sugary coffee I'm drinking, so its just water and cordial for me.

I'll probably be joining a gym in the near future, but I might just end up buying some weights and going swimming a few times a week, and I'm aiming to start walking around campus fairly regularly too.

Whats everyones opinion on this lot?

ReputationRep:
    Having seen this thread I've become inspired.

My current weight is 34 stone. I intend to lose enough so I can see my penis for the first time in ages, and so I am able to wash my armpits properly. I imagine I stink like a tramp.

I'll let you know how it goes; I think I'll start by cutting down to the one fry-up this morning.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just to say to everyone, DO NOT post your daily intakes, with or without calories counted. (if you want the discussion about this read back through the thread!)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by JamesCC)
    Breakfast - Muesli with S/Skimmed Milk
    Toast and a banana

Lunch - Cheese/Tuna-mayo/Chicken Sandwiches (sometimes leftovers from the previous night)
    Pasta
    Rice

Dinner - It'll vary, but I'm gonna go for chicken and fish fairly often, with plenty of veg.

Snacks - Fruit, Crackerbread, Nuts, Chilled water

Just a basic plan so far...(there should be a resource somewhere for helping to plan out healthy and cheap meals.) To be honest, cost is a pretty big issue here, so I'll likely be shopping at Aldi/Lidl, but I'm pretty happy with the quality of their stuff. The toast and all the bread will be wholemeal, any sauces and mayo/cheese will be low fat whenever possible, and I'm keeping the water chilled because you burn off those few extra calories warming it up. I desperately need to cut down on the amount of sugary coffee I'm drinking, so its just water and cordial for me.

I'll probably be joining a gym in the near future, but I might just end up buying some weights and going swimming a few times a week, and I'm aiming to start walking around campus fairly regularly too.

Whats everyones opinion on this lot?
    a resource? Try: www.bdaweightwise.co.uk

I do aldi and lidl and the quality is actually the same as tesco etc.

The thing about cold water is a MYTH. You don't burn a significant number of calories warming it up.

You can still drink coffee, just without sugar, or use sweeteners instead?

Overall what your eating is good, include exercise and your onto a good plan. Include something carbohydrate at each meal (i'm talking about dinner here since you didn't mention potatoes/pasta/rice etc.)

I would stick to just having a sandwich style thing at lunch and leaving pasta/rice for the evening meal.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by EsStupido)
    Having seen this thread I've become inspired.

My current weight is 34 stone. I intend to lose enough so I can see my penis for the first time in ages, and so I am able to wash my armpits properly. I imagine I stink like a tramp.

I'll let you know how it goes; I think I'll start by cutting down to the one fry-up this morning.
    Whats your height?

Whats your general meal plan?

Do you do any exercise?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.