TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
Because the mods are getting concerned about eating disorders really. (and some of the intakes were extremely low and may be seen to be promoting certain eating disorders).

However, I find writing down what you eat helps you stick to a diet, and suggestions such as writing a food diary in a blog, or word document may help.
Dont you think that is a little ridiculous?
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
Dont you think that is a little ridiculous?
Not at all. They have a point. Why do you think they closed what did you eat today thread? It was getting a bit too much with people posting dangerous diets. I think its a good idea. Plus a lot of people were saying they didn't read the posts about what people ate that day (i just glanced at the calorie content, to see if they matched up to the foods). TSR can't be seen to be promoting, or allowing what may be classed as pro-eating disorder behaviour. It used to be fine, but more recently seems to have got a little off track. Its quite worrying as well - none of us are trained to deal with eating disorders.

I think if people kept their own food diary, and if became stumped on what else to try if the diet doesn't work, just post a general idea of whats been eaten each day, or I'm willing to accept PM's on the subject.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I still dont agree, but i guess i have no say on the matter.
ChocolateEyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well the majority of the people who post here have agreed, we don't want our thread shut down, it's not a difficult request.
brokenalien
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hello everyone!

I joined this society a while ago but I haven't really posted much - I thought this should change today! So I'll try to start posting regularly, see if it'll help with motivation

I went to the gym for the first time ever today! It was quite scary, especially the weights area with massive sweaty muscley men, so I just went on the treadmill and bike and avoided them! But at least I went, that's the main thing, and I am proud of myself!

A question/problem: I was told that I should aim to keep my heart rate between 140-160, but when I measured it whilst on the bike it was 180! I wasn't going particularly fast or hard, so I don't see what I could do to get it slower whilst still pedaling!? Any ideas?!

You ladies (and men!) are lovely.
xxxx
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is there any benefit (other than to yourself) for posting your daily intake?

Things like seeing ideas, i guess we will all just have to review products we try perhaps. Or if your after new ideas for certain meals you could ask for people's opinions.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
Well the majority of the people who post here have agreed, we don't want our thread shut down, it's not a difficult request.
I'm not saying it isnt. I just dont agree. I'm allowed to have an opinion, just as everyone else has had, apparently.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I forgot the 'This thread may have to close' side of things as well.
Trigger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is there any benefit (other than to yourself) for posting your daily intake?

Things like seeing ideas, i guess we will all just have to review products we try perhaps. Or if your after new ideas for certain meals you could ask for people's opinions.
I like to see how many calories things have and what people are eating. Il stick to the rule, i just think its unnecessary. Can we just leave it at that?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by retardia)
Hello everyone!

I joined this society a while ago but I haven't really posted much - I thought this should change today! So I'll try to start posting regularly, see if it'll help with motivation

I went to the gym for the first time ever today! It was quite scary, especially the weights area with massive sweaty muscley men, so I just went on the treadmill and bike and avoided them! But at least I went, that's the main thing, and I am proud of myself!

A question/problem: I was told that I should aim to keep my heart rate between 140-160, but when I measured it whilst on the bike it was 180! I wasn't going particularly fast or hard, so I don't see what I could do to get it slower whilst still pedaling!? Any ideas?!

You ladies (and men!) are lovely.
xxxx
I find the gym machines are quite inaccurate for measuring my pulse anyway, since i have a slight murmur, so it may be an inaccuracy with the machine. Did you feel really out of breath or anything like that??
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I forgot the 'This thread may have to close' side of things as well.
This thread has helped me so much, I definetely don't want to see it shut down
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Trigger)
I like to see how many calories things have and what people are eating. Il stick to the rule, i just think its unnecessary. Can we just leave it at that?
I think we would still be allowed to say i've just eaten such and such and it was great, for instance, just not tally it up as a days intake like we were. And i can't see the harm in asking questions such as how many calories were in that if theres something which catches your eye.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This thread has helped me so much, I definetely don't want to see it shut down
It won't - if it doesn't go to extremes.
brokenalien
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I find the gym machines are quite inaccurate for measuring my pulse anyway, since i have a slight murmur, so it may be an inaccuracy with the machine. Did you feel really out of breath or anything like that??
No, I wasn't out of breath, just pretty hot but that's what I expected! I'll go with machine inaccuracy I think, it seems the most logical explanation; I think if my pulse really was that high I probably wouldn't feel too good!
Thanks
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by retardia)
No, I wasn't out of breath, just pretty hot but that's what I expected! I'll go with machine inaccuracy I think, it seems the most logical explanation; I think if my pulse really was that high I probably wouldn't feel too good!
Thanks
Unless you have a really high pulse to start with. I personally don't record my pulse when i'm exercising - i think its not necessary.
newDana
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmz i accidentally tripped and fell over today... i landed in a pile of pizza and 4 slices ended up in my mouth. Tasted good. Dam good. But i'm feeling a little guilty now.... *whoops*

Must go to gym tomorrow...
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nice story. It was a treat, your allowed treats on a diet.
HistoryStudent
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm thinking of losing some weight - I'm 5'6 and weigh 11 stone (I'm female) - just wondering how much really? I don't know if that's enough info really, but I'd appreciate people's opinion anyway.
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by HistoryStudent)
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I'm thinking of losing some weight - I'm 5'6 and weigh 11 stone (I'm female) - just wondering how much really? I don't know if that's enough info really, but I'd appreciate people's opinion anyway.
Welcome

Your stats are the same as mine when I first started dieting in April.

I'm now 9 stone It takes a lot of hard work but you can do it with patience and perseverance
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My opinion is your within the normal BMI, so theoretically you don't need to lose weight, although if you gained some, that would probably put you into the overweight category.

However what is more important is how you feel yourself. it sounds like you want to lose weight. So next step how much weight? And by when? (as a guide 63kg will put you at a BMI right bang in the middle of the normal range (thats around 10 stone).

Whats your eating/exercise patterns like?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (77)
29.96%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.2%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.84%

Watched Threads