Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    I need some quick but healthy meal ideas :p:
    Theres a thread in food and drink about cheap food i think - i did a long post about what i do - cheap and healthy! (theres also one about healthy food... )

(Original post by La Trampa)
    what've you got?

Stranded's healthy meal ideas thread.
    Nothing, I am about to go shopping :p:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    Aaaah, i didn't realise Salmon counted as an oily fish. I like salmon and know plenty of yummy ways to cook it. I'll put it on the list of things to eat more of.

I'd really like to start cooking trout or other oily fish though, but for some reason i'm worried that the fish itself won't taste nice and i'll have to add other flavours to make it yummy - but i don't know what those flavours would be.

Just had a personal training session at the gym - well worth the money, she works me much harder than i ever work myself and it keeps my motivation going through the rest of the week. But by golly am i going to ache all over tomorrow....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    there's nothing wrong with adding other stuff to the fish e.g. spices, i do that with fish all the time. eating plain white fish would be tasteless and pointless. same with salmon.

I never eat oily fish:s:

ReputationRep:
    I love mackerel. My mum wraps it in foil with pepper on it and then we eat it with a roll warmed in the oven. It's amazing on its own, I don't add anything else to it (not even lemon!).

In fact, I might ask my mum to make it for me when I next come down to visit! There's an idea, mmm.

ReputationRep:
    I never really eat oily fish either.

been having an alright couple of days, just had a huge bag of pick n mix though which had about 1000 kcals in I really can't stick to one or two sweets dammit!

ReputationRep:
    I had a terrible terrible day yesterday. It's so difficult for me to eat well when I'm going through bad times. I'm definitely a comfort eater. Oh well. I've been very good so far today and I'm at work tonight so that will mean I *Should* be able to be good (as long as I avoid the vending machines :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    hey.
    ive just come back from the gym and had some porridge and a plum...do u think thats ok or should i have had somehting else?
    thanks
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It depends on what else you've eaten for the day really. The porridge will slowly replenish your energy stores, i think its fine.

three meals a day is my new approach! no more of the "Oh two of these tiny cookies won't hurt for a snack" and then the old "tomorrow I'll start properly" syndrome!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    3 meals has always worked for me. good luck!

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I want to loose weight, but i keep feeling really hungry all the time recently :confused:

getting coooolder maybe?

ReputationRep:
    maybe, i am up north. How do i stop it though?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    get yourself carrot sticks,grapes, rice cakes etc etc healthy snacks. your tummy will get the message eventually! i get the munchies all the time, 30mins after meals,so i know the feeling.

ReputationRep:
    thanks. i usually snack on oranges.

I just limit myself to three meals a day no snacking. IF I say oh I can have a snack it gets out of control!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.