TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
are you gaining?
No, kinda hovering around in a 3lb ish area.
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carreh)
No, kinda hovering around in a 3lb ish area.
Try not to worry too much, i find my weight only drops at certain times of the month, and plateaus at other times. A plateau is better than significant gains.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by newDana)
Ok guys, this morning i had a PT session at my gym and i hadn't had anything to eat before hand. Not a good idea as i fainted. Whoops. But, last week i had a plum before i went which gave me a stitch? Fairly obviously getting a stitch is better than fainting not least because i missed out on about 35 mins of my session cos i had to go home, but neither are really ideal. So any advice? What do you guys eat before an early morning exercise session?
Try to eat something which is a complex carbohdrate, so something like toast, or cereal, and eat at least 1-2 hours before exercising to stop the stitch problem.
Carreh
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
Try not to worry too much, i find my weight only drops at certain times of the month, and plateaus at other times. A plateau is better than significant gains.
Oh yeh I know, its just kinda meh sometimes. I can't see the positives of losing 5 stone, but I can see the negatives of not losing one.

:rolleyes:

becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Carreh)
Oh yeh I know, its just kinda meh sometimes. I can't see the positives of losing 5 stone, but I can see the negatives of not losing one.

:rolleyes:

Same, but i've only lost 3 stone. Ive completely lost my motivation. :bawling:
leona
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
Same, but i've only lost 3 stone. Ive completely lost my motivation. :bawling:
Try and give yourself a real push to start the weight loss again. It'll be really hard to begin with (kinda like trying to run when you're really knackered after running for ages! Well thats how it feels for me anyway lol) but I think once you get going again, and maybe see the pounds coming off again, you might find yourself motivated once more?
I know I find it really hard if I'm going through a period when the weight just isn't coming off, I lose my motivation and just think "oh well, whats the point in trying, I'll stay as I am". But just give it that extra push and I'm sure you'll feel better

Edit: and dont think its not 'only' 3 stone, 3 stone is a very impressive amount to lose, and you must have been very motivated and determined to do that in the first place. Lots of people would give anything to be able to lose that much! Find that determined frame of mind again, and I'm sure things will improve.

(I've rambled slightly, sorry! I just dont want anyone to think negatively about their achievements. Bexiness and Carreh, I know its easy for other people to say, but you should feel really proud of what you've achieved.)
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
I need to get my act together:
I will turn this around...NOW.
hmmm. I'm thinking 200-250ml apple juice and a potato farl(or two max) with a little spread of utterly butterly. Then if I'm hungry in between just sip on fanta zero. then lunchies (hopefully) natural peanut butter in wholemeal bread again sip fanta in between if hungry but if staaaaarvving I'll have an alpen light bar I guess and then for tea....maybe a veggie quarter pounder and beans/sweetcorn?
It's not the best...but it's the ease into healthy eating again so I gotta start somewhere...

I gotta be good till Dec, when I'll have one treat a day which is the advent calender xmas choccy every morning and then I got two meals/nights out as well so gotta slim down for that
cjtj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey boys and girls i can't remember if i posted on the last thread or not- so i thought i'd post on this one!
First of all! Well done everyone for your great weight losses:bumps:

I've lost 3stone altogether now- I would like too loose more but it wont seem too shift
I was 12stone 9.5lbs
im now 9stone 9.5lbs
(height 5,5)
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well done! :party:
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
I need to get my act together:
I will turn this around...NOW.
hmmm. I'm thinking 200-250ml apple juice and a potato farl(or two max) with a little spread of utterly butterly. Then if I'm hungry in between just sip on fanta zero. then lunchies (hopefully) natural peanut butter in wholemeal bread again sip fanta in between if hungry but if staaaaarvving I'll have an alpen light bar I guess and then for tea....maybe a veggie quarter pounder and beans/sweetcorn?
It's not the best...but it's the ease into healthy eating again so I gotta start somewhere...

I gotta be good till Dec, when I'll have one treat a day which is the advent calender xmas choccy every morning and then I got two meals/nights out as well so gotta slim down for that
is that for everyday or like a general plan?
normaly i have 2 sausages for breakfast - you know those ones you microwave and a slice of grainy bread with water/juice. then lunch is normally a boots meal and then dinner i pack in loads of veg and something healthy but nice. i like to think you can still have fun with food and be healthy,and it seems to be working for me
Jarve99
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For the record, sausages aren't healthy.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
they've got loads of protein,that's gotta count for something. i eat the burger type ones, like the canned ones, but not canned. at least i don't gulf down spreads/fat or anything like that.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh you mean frankfurters? theyre 99cals each i think, so i guess those and 2 slices of 49cal invisible crust bread or weight watcher bread without butter is still under 300cals so thats not bad for breakfast. You should probs switch to cereal and fruit or something though and get your cals in a healthier way. But it's all personal preference really, you don't even need to lose weight so if that's what you like for breakfast don't change :p: It's def not "BAD" though!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yup frankfurters! helps that they're on a bogof offer at sainsbury's!
i'm lactose intolerant so really can't have milk unless i want the runs (tmi :p: ) and soya milk doesn't do it for me. plus i only really have breakfast at about 11/12ish because any earlier,and i can't eat. just naturally can't eat anything in the morning as it makes me feel sick the sausage and bread combo keeps me full for hours though but yeh i hear what you're saying. i never have anything with my bread...just toasted.
ChocolateEyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woooo soooooo happy

Looking my my stats I'm think, damn gurl, you did good!

Height - 5ft 7
Weight at start - 10st 10lbs
Weight now - 8st 12lbs

Total lost - 1st 12lbs
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by La Trampa)
yup frankfurters! helps that they're on a bogof offer at sainsbury's!
i'm lactose intolerant so really can't have milk unless i want the runs (tmi :p: ) and soya milk doesn't do it for me. plus i only really have breakfast at about 11/12ish because any earlier,and i can't eat. just naturally can't eat anything in the morning as it makes me feel sick the sausage and bread combo keeps me full for hours though but yeh i hear what you're saying. i never have anything with my bread...just toasted.

haha yep im loving the BOGOF offer too. i adore them!

i wouldnt really change anything you're doing then cos if it suits you and keeps you full that's all you need really! it's difficult to find breakfasty stuff to suit when youre intolerant to typical breakfast items! bananas are really good for energy and making you feel full too. so even if you ate the 2 sausages & slice of bread you could maybe still afford like some fruit like that too for extra nutrients. it's obvious you know what's best for you though so i'm not really trying to give tips or anything, just saying what i find good too!
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
Woooo soooooo happy

Height - 5ft 7
Weight now - 8st 12lbs

Total lost - 1st 12lbs
WOW - You must look fabulous! Congrats
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by .jen.)
haha yep im loving the BOGOF offer too. i adore them!

i wouldnt really change anything you're doing then cos if it suits you and keeps you full that's all you need really! it's difficult to find breakfasty stuff to suit when youre intolerant to typical breakfast items! bananas are really good for energy and making you feel full too. so even if you ate the 2 sausages & slice of bread you could maybe still afford like some fruit like that too for extra nutrients. it's obvious you know what's best for you though so i'm not really trying to give tips or anything, just saying what i find good too!
oh i know what you're saying. i do get my fruit in! i have them for lunch either seperately with something else or in a boots meal. i'm actually getting my 5 a day for the first time in a long while now. i'm very pleased
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ChocolateEyes)
Woooo soooooo happy

Height - 5ft 7
Weight now - 8st 12lbs

Total lost - 1st 12lbs
you did well. congrats!
Carreh
Report 11 years ago
Ok, so updated ticker! I have a new target to reach, just under a six stone loss so hopefully I can make it. Got a date in mind which is 15 weeks away, so around a 1b a week... hmm, going to try really hard!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1071)
79.04%
Leave (284)
20.96%

Watched Threads