TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The easiest way to do it is not have any 'bad' snacks in the house/flat or whatever to eat.

I replaced biscuits with crackers since they were lower calories, but thats basically all i did. Maybe i ate a bit more fruit and veg too - my meals seem to be loaded with veg.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i've loaded my plates with veg as well. broccoli and green beans. good thing too that i now eat broccoli, i wouldn't have enough veg.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I just buy loads of frozen veg, so peas, spinach, broccoli and sliced peppers at the moment, and fresh carrots, and salad. I love veg!
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i only eat a few veg so i got overly excited when i could stand broccolli.
leona
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I dont normally buy bad things for the house, but I've been feeling like absolute poo the last few days and wanted to cheer myself up.

Luckily, or not so luckily, I managed to polish off the whole box :p: so tomorrow I'm back on the straight and narrow 100% lol. I bought 2 packs of oranges at the same time as the chocolate fingers so they will be my snack now instead
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When all the christmas food came into Lidl i had to control myself, and now i hide it in the top of my wardrobe and only have it when absolutely necessary! I love christmas!
ChocolateEyes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Me too Yum!
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
I still have flu, its wrecking my diet, I have had about 6000 calories from orange juice lol
dani_88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Awwww at least you're stocked up on the Vit C!

I've managed to bake a chocolate cake and consume lots of it tonight. A bloomin good cake at that! As well as about a quarter of a tin of roses.. (they were just staring at me ) Gym it is tomorrow morning!! :p:

If i ever manage to get to sleep that is...sugar high!
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kirstinx)
I still have flu, its wrecking my diet, I have had about 6000 calories from orange juice lol
Don't worry about it - when you get ill energy requirements are usually higher, so consuming lots of empty calories won't be that bad.
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
I really can't stick to NO TReats when I go to work. Today I worked 8 hours so I'm letting myself have biscuits and chocie milk later as a treat! It's an incentive for overtime!
ukebert
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
huh, someone bought in one of those huge boxes of celebrations and put it on my desk. I keep catching myself absent-mindedly sneaking one and eating it I'm awful for snacks :rolleyes:

I went to the gym for the first time today. Oh dear lord.
leona
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
huh, someone bought in one of those huge boxes of celebrations and put it on my desk. I keep catching myself absent-mindedly sneaking one and eating it I'm awful for snacks :rolleyes:

I went to the gym for the first time today. Oh dear lord.
How did it go?

I lurve celebrations. I have a celebrations advent calendar. Which is good I guess as it limits me to one a day :p:
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by leona)
How did it go?

Well, I know I'm definately unfit. Of course I knew that already, but it's official now.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)

Well, I know I'm definitely unfit. Of course I knew that already, but it's official now.
:hugs:

-------------------------
I'm so excited about Christmas formal tonight. I have a gorgeous corset top and a pencil skirt and killer heels and I just want to feel and look amazing and have a great time. LoL
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have a good time
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
:hugs:
Well, my Dad's bought me membership, whether i will be bothered to go down there is another thing...

Have fun tonight
[email protected]!a
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey all!

Random question...about RDA's. It says the average woman is supposed to have 2000 cals, 70g of fat etc...but who is the average woman?! Energy needs depend on size of the person, fitness etc. I know it's impossible to come up with a figure that can be gerneralised to everyone, but I'm curious as to who the 'average' woman is?! They say the average size woman is 16?!

Sorry for the weird random question!

xxx
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kirstinx)
Don't worry about it at all. That's a lot better than getting 1500 calories for the day from crap.

People look at calories and fat too much.. as long as it's natural/ unprocessed and you don't eat too much of it (i.e. try to eat regularly but only eat much when you're hungry) then you're fine. This is harder though when you're tired and you confuse tiredness for hunger.

Lilian, you really have to get out of the mindset that food is a reward for an 8 hour shift or whatever, you need to think of other rewards/incentives.

I like reading this thread but it bugs me how people can possibly think things like diet coke, coke zero, low fat, low calorie this that and the other crap are in any way good. They might be marginally better than their counterparts (though this is still doubtful) but they shouldn't be ingested. Neither should coffee or decaf. Note, decaf is probably worse than normal coffee. Anyway good luck all.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
Don't worry about it at all. That's a lot better than getting 1500 calories for the day from crap.

People look at calories and fat too much.. as long as it's natural/ unprocessed and you don't eat too much of it (i.e. try to eat regularly but only eat much when you're hungry) then you're fine. This is harder though when you're tired and you confuse tiredness for hunger.

Lilian, you really have to get out of the mindset that food is a reward for an 8 hour shift or whatever, you need to think of other rewards/incentives.

I like reading this thread but it bugs me how people can possibly think things like diet coke, coke zero, low fat, low calorie this that and the other crap are in any way good. They might be marginally better than their counterparts (though this is still doubtful) but they shouldn't be ingested. Neither should coffee or decaf. Note, decaf is probably worse than normal coffee. Anyway good luck all.
thank you for saying that.

to the person who asked about the average woman. the average woman in this country is a size 16 because we're all eating crap and not exercising enough. the average woman on the boxes,is not a size 16 woman they're talking about. someone explained something about it to me before but i can't remember sorry.
please not i could be totally wrong so don't eat me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (148)
27.82%
No (384)
72.18%

Watched Threads