:eek:

A stone! that is crazy!

I never put on more than two or three pounds
ph9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah, it's total madness. two days or so after my period ends i'm back to my normal weight. it's soo annoying. i've never put on only 2/3 pounds. the absolute minimum is 7lbs. grr wtf
leona
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
yeah, it's total madness. two days or so after my period ends i'm back to my normal weight. it's soo annoying. i've never put on only 2/3 pounds. the absolute minimum is 7lbs. grr wtf
Does it look like you've put on weight or is it just the scales showing it?

I can't say I've ever noticed any weight gain around my period. But I am on the pill and have pretty pathetic periods so I guess thats why..
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by leona)
Does it look like you've put on weight or is it just the scales showing it?

I can't say I've ever noticed any weight gain around my period. But I am on the pill and have pretty pathetic periods so I guess thats why..
i always look like i've put on a couple of pounds, probs the bloatedness but definitely not anything more than that. i guess it's just fluid, whatever the hell that actually means lol
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I started my weight loss programme 3 days ago and I've already lost 1.5kg (although alot of that might be because I've been in bed with a damn horrid cold.)

Finally decided to do something after putting on a stone in the past year, mainly due to the Pill.
Anyway, I thought I'd try and slim down for the 6 Christmas and Birthday parties I'm going to this month.

I'm 5ft 10 and 10 and a half stone, I used to be 9 stone a year or so ago though so that is my main aim. I've got a tendency to eat lots. My usual intake is about 3000 Kcal which is disgraceful, but I'm hoping to half that in the next month or so.

I'm glad I've found this thread though it should encourage me to loose more!

Hello everybody
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I feel fat and disgusting. I haven't been able to stop eating these past 3 days.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you shouldn't talk like that.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
I'm shocked at the amount of salt in sausages, even the healthy living ones from Tescos have 30% of the daily allowance. I suppose the good thing is I dont really get salt from anywhere else.

I want something different from chicken and tinned tuna :hmpf: I tried prawns for a while but I always had them with mayo
cutelilchica
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
salmon? really easy to cook, takes no time at all, bit of squeezed lemon juice, new potatoes and salad/veg!
leona
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Salmon costs an absolute bomb though
carly_23
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
i have some sainsbury's be good to yourself sausages(75cal each) do you think they are healthy?

also...this might be a stupid question but...i was on the cross trainer today and saw people pedaling backwards...why is this? what muscles do you work when you go backwards?
Envy Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woop, I've now lost 42.5lbs
I still want to lose about another stone though, just to get myself in really good shape!
As The Gears Remain
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
man i feel proper awkward coming here, but i lost weight too

height= 5'11
weight earlier= 11.5
weight now=10.6
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by leona)
Salmon costs an absolute bomb though
The asda smartprice salmon fillets don't. Doesn't cost too much more than usual meat, probably the same or less than the price of fresh chicken breasts.
white*rabbit
Report 11 years ago
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know any good workout dvds?
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by white*rabbit)
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know any good workout dvds?
Davina's power of 3 is brilliant, & Jane Fonda ones are good - she has brought so many out - they're quite old though.
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I like the Pacha Dance workout DVD-I find it v good for toning and losing fat espically around my middle...it has different sections so you don't get bored.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by carly_23)
i have some sainsbury's be good to yourself sausages(75cal each) do you think they are healthy?

also...this might be a stupid question but...i was on the cross trainer today and saw people pedaling backwards...why is this? what muscles do you work when you go backwards?
sausages: if you're in it solely for the calorie counting then as long as you're staying within your calorie limits for the day, it should be ok...

as for the cross trainer thing, lol, to be honest i don't know why people do it. perhaps it does work different muscles but maybe it's just because it's easier? i tried it once and noticed it's a lot easier/faster than going forwards
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It works the muscles in a different order so varies your workout. I do it usually a couple of minutes forward and a few back.
polka_dott
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When you go backwards on the cross trainer you work different muscles..I'm not sure which ones though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads