Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    no, absolutely no, exercise today. maybe I'll take a walk later. I have basically been living off fruit today save for a hard bread with cttage cheese and some yoghurt. dinner will be ratatouille.

I knwo I sort of ate too much today, but it so sucks gaining weight because of fruit. The melon messes everything up. I ain't getting smaller :mad:

it's amazing to hear all good results you've had though: congrats Spoog!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys haven't posted for a while little access to a computer! I have lost 10 pounds in 2 and a half weeks and am really happy even though there's still a long way to go. today i did an hour on the treadmill - only walking mind and that was like nearly seven hundred calories was really happy after! been going to gym five times a week since i started and really enjoying it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawkt)
    Hey guys haven't posted for a while little access to a computer! I have lost 10 pounds in 2 and a half weeks and am really happy even though there's still a long way to go. today i did an hour on the treadmill - only walking mind and that was like nearly seven hundred calories was really happy after! been going to gym five times a week since i started and really enjoying it!!
    wow! that's great! congrats! good work there

I really need to get out of not doing anything much on non-work days. Gunna go for a walk tomorrow, went shopping today so that so totally counts :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! It feel soo good to know that I am almost at my goal now. 2.5 stones lost already, only 1.5 to go! Although it is bizarre, I don't particularly see a difference in my body? I've been stuck at a size 12 on bottom for ages and ages now, and I thought I would see some difference in losing so much weight, seen as I am only 5ft3!!! Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    Thanks guys! It feel soo good to know that I am almost at my goal now. 2.5 stones lost already, only 1.5 to go! Although it is bizarre, I don't particularly see a difference in my body? I've been stuck at a size 12 on bottom for ages and ages now, and I thought I would see some difference in losing so much weight, seen as I am only 5ft3!!! Oh well!
    Wow I'm almost exactly the same! I want to lose 4 stone and I've lost 2 stone 6, so I'm nearly as close as you! That said the 4 stone is my first target then probably another two after that, but then if I count it all at once it seems like loads! So I'll go with my first aim - 4 stone!

How long has that taken you? Just out of interest? Have you changed dress sizes on top? I officially started my 'diet' on 20th Jan, but I've had a couple of months of not *realy* trying...long story, but I need to kick myself up the bum! I've lost 2 or 3 dress sizes depending on where I shop, but I'm 5' 9'' so that might make a difference?

Wow though - well done! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Wow I'm almost exactly the same! I want to lose 4 stone and I've lost 2 stone 6, so I'm nearly as close as you! That said the 4 stone is my first target then probably another two after that, but then if I count it all at once it seems like loads! So I'll go with my first aim - 4 stone!

How long has that taken you? Just out of interest? Have you changed dress sizes on top? I officially started my 'diet' on 20th Jan, but I've had a couple of months of not *realy* trying...long story, but I need to kick myself up the bum! I've lost 2 or 3 dress sizes depending on where I shop, but I'm 5' 9'' so that might make a difference?

Wow though - well done! :yy:
    Well to be honest, it's taken me 18 months!!! I lost the first 2 stone quite easily, but then I kinda just lost track lol. My highest clothes size was 16 all over, and I'm down to a 12 in jeans, which I have been at for ages, but my top is an 8 so I guess that's a difference! I've "restarted" my diet about 3 weeks ago, proper military style (apart from the weekends lol) and am hoping to lose the rest of the weight by October time! It's good to see somebody who is at the same stage as me!

ReputationRep:
    Well to be honest, it's taken me 18 months!!! I lost the first 2 stone quite easily, but then I kinda just lost track lol. My highest clothes size was 16 all over, and I'm down to a 12 in jeans, which I have been at for ages, but my top is an 8 so I guess that's a difference! I've "restarted" my diet about 3 weeks ago, proper military style (apart from the weekends lol) and am hoping to lose the rest of the weight by October time! It's good to see somebody who is at the same stage as me!
    Haha same here! I was like 'Woo two stone!' but then kinda just...relaxed, I'll call it relaxing

Wow a size 8! You must be teeny tiny! I bet you look amazing, it's just when you're doing it yourself, you see yourself everyday so don't notice the differences as much! I bet if you saw someone you'd not seen for ages, they'd notice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    no iain, quite the opposite! it was still 300+ cals per slice, though compared to 600cals a slice its good. so if you still eat youll lose weight compared to usual, though you wont exactly get skinny by eating it! :p:
    Curses - knew it was too good to be true

So what sort of stuff does everyone do at the gym? I've got heavily into spin classes the last couple of months - they rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gem)
    Haha same here! I was like 'Woo two stone!' but then kinda just...relaxed, I'll call it relaxing

Wow a size 8! You must be teeny tiny! I bet you look amazing, it's just when you're doing it yourself, you see yourself everyday so don't notice the differences as much! I bet if you saw someone you'd not seen for ages, they'd notice
    Thanks, but I always lose weight from my top half first, honestly my legs and thighs are HUGE. The other day me and my man were watching a programme about Serena Williams, and we both agreed that I have bigger legs than she does!!! :eek:

I'm so happy somebody else is in the same boat, I felt SO happy when I got to the 2 stone mark, but yes I like the term "relaxing" hehe. No time to relax now though, lol. When would you like to hit the 4 stone mark by?

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I feel like I'm slipping over the past couple of days. Yesterday I had about 1500cals and today I've had 1660. I'm eating stupid pointless stuff that I don't even need - I just ate an entire biopot yoghurt (500g - 250cals) and have had 3 caramel digestives today too. Most of what I eat is pretty healthy but lately I've been letting myself have a couple of biscuits or some sweets and it's all gonna add up. I'm due on so I'm hoping that's why my clothes feel slightly tighter than they did the other day but I'm really not convinced. From tomorrow I NEED to stick to my 1200cal max, I really do! I'm going on holiday with my friends in just 4 weeks and definitely don't want to look like this when I go.

ReputationRep:
    I havn't been able to eat the right foods. I keep getting really bored so cook and eat as its something to do. I have no money to do anything else which really sucks. And my mom buys snacks etc. for my younger sisters so they are in the house all the time which I find really hard to resist.

I just keep thinking that when I go back to uni I will be able to control what I eat better but I want to lose weight for my birthday in 2 weeks before that.

:yawn: hey guys, todays been...odd eating wise nevermind. Just came back from work and had a peach and a pack of snack a jacks salt and vig :p: feeling a bit sad(dumb reason :p:) but apart from that things are alright!

ReputationRep:
    Wow this weekend was BAD, full on organised binge/sleepover:

Ben&Jerrrys, popcorn, cakes, dounuts, flapjacks, muffins, cookies, and alot of booze ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww

Was meant to be detoxing today BUT my mum bought fresh bread which i basically had to eat loads of as it goes stale within a day and i'm the only one who eats bread grrrr.

Tomorrows results day so will try and be good with food - but the alcohol side will definatly left me down.

THEN i'm going on holiday with my guy mates for a week = lots of cheap pasta/no fruit/take aways.

VERDICT: Double Damn!

After that i'll be september and i will be extra hardcore, and try to loose as much as possible (healthily) by university, which gives me a month.
    Right now i'm just being really lazy

ReputationRep:
    Good day today. But i've still got this weird sicky feeling every time i eat.. :s:

ReputationRep:
    Grr I am definatly getting fatter, i was disgusted at the gym toay, it is getting really really obvious now that i am gaining. I think my problem is i just eat too much when i am working or a home : e.g. weetabix, fruit salad, apple, banana, bagel, beans on toast w salad, youghurt 2 litres of no sugar squash, 2 diet coke + an hour of body pump.

I finish my job in 2 days so at least i ca go back to my normal 2 meals a day without being hungry. Hmm i hate being fat x x x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but I always lose weight from my top half first, honestly my legs and thighs are HUGE. The other day me and my man were watching a programme about Serena Williams, and we both agreed that I have bigger legs than she does!!! :eek:

I'm so happy somebody else is in the same boat, I felt SO happy when I got to the 2 stone mark, but yes I like the term "relaxing" hehe. No time to relax now though, lol. When would you like to hit the 4 stone mark by?
    Are you legs not really muscley? Cos Serena's may be bigger, but they're super strong!

I'm good at 'relaxing' :p: Ideally I'd like to hit the 4 stone mark by Christmas, I know it seems miles away, but I'm not going to lose it ridiculously quick and starve myself - it'll just all go back on! Plus although when I hit the 4 stone mark, I'll still be humongous, but I'd feel much better, say on Christmas day, wearing new christmas size 16 clothes, instead of my tents!

ReputationRep:
    This week has been a terrible one.Firstly,I drank loads last week,didn't exercise until a couple of days ago and on top of that I have water weight from my impending period.
    This is the first time I have gained a pound in a week.

ReputationRep:
    I weighed myself this morning and have am now 3 pounds less than I was when I went on holiday 11 pounds down from when I started now!

Only had 900 cals yesterday which is probably not enough so going to aim for a steady 1200 a day for the rest of this week. Going to Japan in just over 2 weeks so must try to maintain and maybe lose another couple of pounds as don't want to feel like a fatty around the tiny Japanese girls!

ReputationRep:
    well yesterday started off pretty well.

i had a hardboiled egg for breakfast, cottage cheese with pineapple for lunch and then munched on a few sticks of celery with tzatziki as my only snacks.

had a hardcore gym sesh - lots of HIIT, sweat flying, exhausting amounts of weights - god i love the gym.

when i got home i figured i was allowed some carbs because of my huge gym sesh, so i made myself some wheat-free pasta (only about 3 tablespoons) and mixed it with a mini tin of tuna, some prawns and some flaked cod, lots of pepper and a dollop of extra light mayo. Tasty.

then i ate an ENTIRE mango

then i ate a wheat-free breadroll with a little bit of maple syrup.

ARRRRGH i never eat badly after the gym, i don't know why i did! usually a good gym sesh is an appetite surpressant for me, i only have room for a bit of meat and some steamed veg. Yikes

no gym for me today unfortunately i didn't drag my ass out of bed at 6 to make it in before work, but i'm working in the bar tonight which is always something of a workout and it means i'll eat clean

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.