The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been relatively happy the last few months with where I am but got home after a few days away and am now up from 9st 6 to 9st 9. Rubbish. But, to be fair, they are different scales to ones I use at uni so it may not be as bad as it seems. Even so, my eating isn't great at the moment so I'm going to try and be good over xmas and hopefully weigh 9st 6 on my uni scales when I start back in a few weeks. Think the next few weeks will be hard - so much choc and amazing food around but so long as I keep everything in moderation I should be fine.. fingers crossed!
Reply 2861
Corrr I havent been on here in ages. I always have a little look around and read everyone elses post and always moan to myself that hardly anyone writes on here anymore, so I thought instead of being a hypocrite Id make a contribution lol.
Well Im down to 9stone 2lbs from 10stone 6lbs and at 5"2 Im getting there. My original goal was 8stone 7lbs but that is only half a stone away and I feel like I could do with losing more. Ill see how I feel when I reach my original target and If I feel like i need to lose another half a stone then I will. Im not going any lower than 8 stone though.
God I do ramble.
Anyway I hope everyones ok and hello to all the new people :smile:
xxx
I have completely given up on weight loss for the moment. :frown: Maybe in the new year.....
Currently dropping weight. Fighting at 75kg.

Need to lose 6kg, should be okay.

Going to be ripped at that weight lol. Wish me luck.
Sticking around the 8st 8lbs - 8st 11lbs mark just now. Happy with that but have a feeling the scales might take a battering round christmas
At home now, so managing to eat more healthily (loads of fruit, wooh!) - plus no alcohol for me! That actually means that I'm saving at least 290 calories a day.

Somehow, having more food in the cupboard makes me eat less??
Have had 1200cals today - mainly good stuff but that included some chocolate mousse cake (heaven til I found out how many cals in it.. put me right off and made me realise what a waste it was!). Have brushed my teeth so I'm less tempted to snack on all the naughty snacks laid out for my sisters bday - chocolate and crisps galore. Am going to try and keep myself out the way of the food cos I really want to be happy with my body so much more than I want to eat the food. Need to remember that!

I'm pretty happy with my body when I'm in clothes, just not such a fan of it without - my stomach sticks out a little bit and has a bit of fat left on it that could do with getting rid of. Generally not too bad but could look a lot better naked.
Looking forward to xmas but I will be careful to not put on weight this time! I'm finally at the 8st 12 - 9st mark and I want to stay there...I keep telling myself that overeating over a few days won't really affect my body in the long term... I'm looking forward to christmas pudding and Roses :biggrin:
god I caved... momentary lapse of attention made me eat 2 satsumas and about 8 maltesers/minstrels. could have been far worse I suppose. DEFINITELY have to not eat anything later on, am already on 1350ish cals when I'm aiming for max of 1200 a day. This holiday's gonna be hard!
satsumas are good, and eight malteasers aren't going to change your life - relax :smile:
Plus, 1200 is very low, the very lowest you really should be eating - a little more won't hurt!
x x
Reply 2870
Today I have been losing weight for a year, wooo! :biggrin:

:redface:
Simulatio
satsumas are good, and eight malteasers aren't going to change your life - relax :smile:
Plus, 1200 is very low, the very lowest you really should be eating - a little more won't hurt!
x x

yeah I know.. doesn't help that I had another little splurge on the naughty stuff and had a few pringles and doritos with salsa. Probably on about 1470 for the day which isn't great.

I know 1200 is quite low, but I like to average about 1200-1300 a week (fitday = amazing for working these things out) and lately it's been more like 1400-1500 and I feel a bit fatter than I have lately. It's the junk that's doing it - if I can just get rid of the bad stuff I'll be really happy.
Reply 2872
Hi guys, just popped in to say HIIT works wonders for fat loss. Looks it up. You can lose up to 2%bf per week with it and still maintain lean mass :smile:
Hey folks i'm back from uni, and boy was stepping on the scales depressing, not to mention my mum teasing me about my belly.
Lets just say i havent dealt with the first term of uni too well: alot of take away, alcohol, and general rubbish, 2500cals a day is normally a good day, when i used to get in about 1000cals at home.

I'm at my highest weight ever, am determined to get back down to normal, so i need to lose 5kgs (10lbs) ideally over the holiday, i think i can do it simply because there is such a dramatic change in lifestyle.
eek came home from uni half a stone heavier :eek: :redface:

managed to lose 5lbs of that since friday and so i'm only 1 or 2 lbs heavier now.

going for a gym sesh later, and going skiing from friday so shall shed quite a few pounds so nothing too tragic :biggrin:
Been having a pretty healthy day today, am trying to avoid all bad things. I figure if I can get back into really good habits then stuff like diet fizzy drinks can be treats for me, rather than chocolate being an everyday thing.

Am having a yummy tea of chicken with tomato sauce, sweetcorn and broccoli later on so should continue my day quite well :smile:
~the_one~
Hey folks i'm back from uni, and boy was stepping on the scales depressing, not to mention my mum teasing me about my belly.
Lets just say i havent dealt with the first term of uni too well: alot of take away, alcohol, and general rubbish, 2500cals a day is normally a good day, when i used to get in about 1000cals at home.

I'm at my highest weight ever, am determined to get back down to normal, so i need to lose 5kgs (10lbs) ideally over the holiday, i think i can do it simply because there is such a dramatic change in lifestyle.

snap, almost exactly. except everyone is saying how "well" i look and i'm laughing about my bump, lol. i've been wearing baggy tops and skirts to bring attention to my legs (the lower bits dont look so bad) and hide my stomach. anyway, this is my highest weight in 2 yrs and i've put on TEN kilos since the summer, so i really do need to get my arse into gear and start eating more healthily!
ellabella
snap, almost exactly. except everyone is saying how "well" i look and i'm laughing about my bump, lol. i've been wearing baggy tops and skirts to bring attention to my legs (the lower bits dont look so bad) and hide my stomach. anyway, this is my highest weight in 2 yrs and i've put on TEN kilos since the summer, so i really do need to get my arse into gear and start eating more healthily!

Arghh i've gotten that: " wow, your face is cubby, you look really healthy - it suits you"
What kind of backhanded complement is that?!
I literally have 2 pairs of trousers i can wear, as embarressingly enough i cant fit the rest, it really sucks.
I'll join you on the eating healthy bandwagon - i started today, i ate really well AND went for a cycle. I almost slipped and had pizza but had to run to get the tube home, so didnt yay!
I am so determined to get back to my old body in the new year.
Reply 2878
.jen.
eek came home from uni half a stone heavier :eek: :redface:

managed to lose 5lbs of that since friday and so i'm only 1 or 2 lbs heavier now.

going for a gym sesh later, and going skiing from friday so shall shed quite a few pounds so nothing too tragic :biggrin:

probs water/period weight unless you've been starving yourself :security:

----------------------
feel like such a blob, I was a healthy 9 st 6 last Weds, and I've been a bit bad but I've eaten a max of 1800 cals a day (need 1700-something for my BMR + activity level) so it can't be bad. I don't have scales at home and I'm scared to check elsewhere.

*sigh*

minimo's a blob.
I can't wait t get back to uni and my lovely 1200/1400 calorie lifestyle :smile:
Reply 2879
Yeh mine isnt going to great right now :frown: buggerit

Latest