The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

minimo
probs water/period weight unless you've been starving yourself :security:

yeah perhaps, cos i did run my pill together and when i weighed myself was the day i should have had my period! but then that doesnt really explain it all disappearing :p: ah well. im not complaining :biggrin:
Reply 2881
Hey I'd really apreciate it if someone could help me out :redface:

In the first year of sixth form I lost 2 stone by sticking to 1100 calories a day and got down to 9 stone 4 which I was really pleased about. But since the summer I've gone up to 9 stone 12 by drinking loads and snacking a lot. I've been trying to lose for a month but I end up eating more than before and have put on weight.

Could anyone suggest ways to stop snacking and comfert eating? Or maybe thngs I could snack on that won't do too much damage? Also are there any drinks that aren't too high in calories?

Thanks for the help :smile:
k8_06
Could anyone suggest ways to stop snacking and comfert eating? Or maybe thngs I could snack on that won't do too much damage? Also are there any drinks that aren't too high in calories?

If you're going to drink I'd recommend sticking to vodka and diet mixers (diet coke, lime and soda, etc) - a measure of vodka is about 50cals and the mixers should be relatively cal free.

I find I tend to snack mainly through boredom so if I keep myself busy then I don't feel the need to snack so much. If you tend to snack, why not keep a bag of carrot sticks and some kind of dip in the fridge. The crunchiness of the carrots is quite satisfying as is the flavour from the dip and they're pretty low cal (and good for you!)
~the_one~
Arghh i've gotten that: " wow, your face is cubby, you look really healthy - it suits you"
What kind of backhanded complement is that?!
I literally have 2 pairs of trousers i can wear, as embarressingly enough i cant fit the rest, it really sucks.
I'll join you on the eating healthy bandwagon - i started today, i ate really well AND went for a cycle. I almost slipped and had pizza but had to run to get the tube home, so didnt yay!
I am so determined to get back to my old body in the new year.

do u have msn? i could use someone to chat to this about who's in the same boat!

ive done quite well today, only cos i went to bed late, got up at 2 and only ate late lunch + snacks tho. im going otu now so will prob eat when ge home
Would you say drinking tea once/twice a day will really affect weight maintainence? It's mostly milk and I've worked out I probably use 100ml of semi-skimmed milk each time (I like milky tea)! I subsituted it for one of my snacks.. is this good enough? :biggrin:
God it shouldn't affect weight loss really, let alone weight maintenance! So long as you fit it in within the number of cals you should be eating per day to maintain weight then it'll be no probs at all
Reply 2886
Sup chickas? :biggrin: Ages since I stepped foot in ere.

About to do an hour on the cross-trainer.

Am I the only person who exercises in the middle of the night? :ninja:
well my exercise consists of travelling my foot from place to place, wich in bristol can be quite missionous considering there is some sort of hill wherever you go

i WAS going to go out but instead i had an argument withmy mother and she has forbidden me to go out - at the age of 20! i guess technically i could throw all sorts of strops, go to my dad's, or a friend's, or even get the train back to bristol in the middle of the night, but i am in the wrong really and i dont want to upset her. she caught me on drugs :redface: i didnt think it would kick in before i left the house. i really DONT want to worry her but the thing is there's nothing to worry about! its not like i take anything dangerous and she actually knows %%%%%%%% all about what i'm taking and just takes the whole "drugs are bad. they kill people! drugs are bad" point of view. anyway, this is not a thread for debates about those sorts of things. my point is i did intake more calories thrugh alcohol, and then as i didnt had dinner i was hungry so i ate porridge, whereas if id been out i probably wouldnt have. and at least id have walked to town and back.

:banghead: i know i can be a fool sometimes.
polka_dott
Would you say drinking tea once/twice a day will really affect weight maintainence? It's mostly milk and I've worked out I probably use 100ml of semi-skimmed milk each time (I like milky tea)! I subsituted it for one of my snacks.. is this good enough? :biggrin:

100ml of semi-skimmed milk is about 45cals so much less than a lot of snacks are so shouldn't affect weight maintainence at if you only have it once/twice a day.

Tufts - I wish I could exercise in the middle of the night, I sometimes have loads of energy just before I'm meant to be going to bed!

I may go for a run later, at uni I usually walk for at least an hour a day and go to the gym/swimming a couple of times per week so really need to do some sort of exercise now I'm back.
Hey all :biggrin:

I've been walking for about 3 and a half hours today so that's my exercise for now.

My friend bought me a lovely thorntons bear for christmas and I'm dyig to bite the head of it :biggrin:
Today's been pretty good, I've had about 1100 cals (just over) and shouldn't need to eat anything for the rest of the night. Helps I'm going to the pub at 8 to meet a friend but am driving so will be sticking to the lime and soda :smile: bloody love that drink, especially when it's so cheap :smile:

I really really want to have a good run of days in the lead up to xmas now. I know we'll be having a big meal on xmas eve and then of course xmas day so I need to be ok to relax a bit then!

I really wish I'd brought my uni scales home for the holidays, I'm convinced my home ones are a pound or two heavier than my uni ones so I'm feeling quite fat and rubbish even though I don't think I look like I've put on weight, it's very annoying. I'm hoping it's just the scales but am trying to get down to where I like to be on these scales just in case they are right. Ramble sorry x
Hi

I'm new to TSR! trying to lose weight as being at uni has made me put on so much! i used to be quite slim, about a size 8/10 but have now gone up to a 12/14. do other people find these forums are useful and help support in diets/fitness etc?

current weight - 10st 12
target weight - 9st

im really struggling atm coz its christmas and theres chocolates/sweets everywhere!! ahh!! im a sucker for chocolate lol

x
Welcome!

We try to be supportive to everyone on here :smile:

I know how hard xmas is! Chocolate is everywhere! So long as you have everything in moderation you should be fine:wink:

You are about the weight I was at when I started dieting, and I'm now down to 6st 9lbs, so have faith it can be done! :smile:

Good luck and post in here to let us know how you're doing as well as for advice and general chit-chat :hugs:
thanks! quick response!

today has been awful, just ate everything in site but gonna get an early night and get up early tomorrow and do my workout dvd! lol got the davina mccoll one a while ago, actually quite good!!

i think one of the worst things is because im a student i go out and drink a lot....whats the best drink to have if ur on a diet?? someone said vodka diet coke was the best? obviously not good but the best out of a bad lot i guess!

how long did it take u to lose that much weight? very impressed!! well done!
I have Davina Mcoll ones :smile: They are quite good!

If you have a bad day - god knows I have a few - then just forget it and look at the next day as a clean slate, no point in obsessing over something you can't change.

Vodka and Diet coke is quite good, lime and soda etc, basically anything mixed with diet drinks I find :smile:

It took me about 6 months to lost that, and that was with a slip up over the summer :smile:
ellabella
do u have msn? i could use someone to chat to this about who's in the same boat!

ive done quite well today, only cos i went to bed late, got up at 2 and only ate late lunch + snacks tho. im going otu now so will prob eat when ge home

Heya! I dont have msn actually, i did but i deleted it because i never use it! You can pm me whenever though. How it been so far for you?
I've been doing ok, not great but amazing compared to my uni lifestyle!
Have been on my feet for hours doing christmas shopping, and slipped up abit and bought some nuts and berries. I know there relativly good for me but man are those things packed with calories. Ah well, better that crisps and chocolate anyway!

Am trying for a good day tommorrow with no slip ups.
Have a pot of houmous in the fridge though, 600cals a pot which i could easy polish off in minutes! come on will power.
Reply 2896
ChocolateEyes
Welcome!

We try to be supportive to everyone on here :smile:

I know how hard xmas is! Chocolate is everywhere! So long as you have everything in moderation you should be fine:wink:

You are about the weight I was at when I started dieting, and I'm now down to 6st 9lbs, so have faith it can be done! :smile:

Good luck and post in here to let us know how you're doing as well as for advice and general chit-chat :hugs:

I don't mean to be judgmental but that is an extremely low weight
x~PiNk~x
I don't mean to be judgmental but that is an extremely low weight

OMG :eek:

Typo! I meant to put 8st not 6st!

Sorry everyone, i've not gine down to the anorexic stage of weight:p:
Reply 2898
Have you guys tried brushing your teeth when you're craving? Really stops a binge in its tracks :^_^:
Reply 2899
ChocolateEyes
OMG :eek:

Typo! I meant to put 8st not 6st!

Sorry everyone, i've not gine down to the anorexic stage of weight:p:

Ahhh :smile: I was hoping it was a typo :p:

I wish I was 8 stone! Thats my target atm. 1 stone to go :smile:

xxx

Latest