The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good luck!

I wanna lose a couple kilos as well, maybe just 2 so I can be at my best for a major promotional event coming up in a few weeks :biggrin:

Mainly from my bum lol, we should swap exercise tips. I'm gonna do some dips.
Reply 3061
PinkMobilePhone
you haven't seen my arse my dear lol

I weigh 13 stone and am only 5'4" *hangs head in shame*

I'd settle for losing 3 stone though, but 4 would be lovely.

I've just booked a holiday for May! Woohoooo! We're off on a family holiday all inclusive in a 4* hotel in Costa Brava, Spain for a week. Now I HAVE to lose weight :wink: I can't wait - I haven't been on holiday since April 05! (my honeymoon)...unless you count Butlins this year which gave us all gastro and we left a day early all wishing to die! lol.

Aye but after kiddies, don't be comparing yourself to any of us :hugs:
Tufts
Aye but after kiddies, don't be comparing yourself to any of us :hugs:

thanks hun - but I've seen photos of some women with boooootiful post preg figures, whereas I'm just like a bowl of jelly eugh.

Still not to worry, I'll lose it, I will I tell you :wink:
Reply 3063
PinkMobilePhone
thanks hun - but I've seen photos of some women with boooootiful post preg figures, whereas I'm just like a bowl of jelly eugh.

Bully for them.

The majority of women have a hard time loosing the pregnancy weight. Also, you dont know what happens behind closed doors :wink: You don't know what these women have had to go through to loose the weight. Hours in the gym away from their little ones perhaps?
If anyone has a dance mat :smile: (I know I'm cool) They can be good and fun for losing weight, if you're reasonably good at it you can do 500kcal in half an hour no problem (Y)
And also only weigh yourself once a week and always at the same time of day in the place, in the same clothes i.e just pjs or whatever.
Good luck x
And tufts, I'm half an inch shorter than you and I used to weight 12st8lb in september now I weigh 11st1lb it can be done (Y)
just set yourself a reasonable target weight for example I know that 10st4lb is a healthy weight for someone of 5"4 :smile:
Reply 3065
annab1684
If anyone has a dance mat :smile: (I know I'm cool) They can be good and fun for losing weight, if you're reasonably good at it you can do 500kcal in half an hour no problem (Y)

Erm sorry doll... no you cant :rolleyes: Not even on expert.
Tufts
Erm sorry doll... no you cant :rolleyes: Not even on expert.

I think i can get up to 400. ;yes; But then again, i weigh soooo much more than you.
Reply 3067
Bexiness!
I think i can get up to 400. ;yes; But then again, i weigh soooo much more than you.

Have you used the dancemats which count the calories you burn? The rate at which you burn calries on a dancemat is incredibly slow. My advice would be to purchase a skipping rope or one of those cool retro "ball and chain" plastic toys you attach to one foot. Those cheap purchases would burn more calories than a dancemat ;yes;

Or if you can afford a cross-trainer or treadmill - even better :smile:
Tufts
Bully for them.

The majority of women have a hard time loosing the pregnancy weight. Also, you dont know what happens behind closed doors :wink: You don't know what these women have had to go through to loose the weight. Hours in the gym away from their little ones perhaps?

true true :smile: thanks for the pep talk :smile:

I'm in the middle of that Natalie Cassidy dvd right now actually - (jst taking a breastfeeding break). ooooh boy it's making me sweat.

Incidentally I d indeed have a dance mat - I used to use it for burning calories many moons ago (about erm.....4 years ago or thereabouts). I have no idea how effective it was but it definitely was fun that's for sure :smile:
Tufts
Have you used the dancemats which count the calories you burn? The rate at which you burn calries on a dancemat is incredibly slow. My advice would be to purchase a skipping rope or one of those cool retro "ball and chain" plastic toys you attach to one foot. Those cheap purchases would burn more calories than a dancemat ;yes;

Or if you can afford a cross-trainer or treadmill - even better :smile:

Yeah, i used to go on Workout Mode. ;yes; I thought it was pretty hard tbh (:redface:) when it's on difficult/expert on the fast tunes, and it really did get my heartrate going. And honestly, i remember once burning 400 kcal in 30 mins, because i then went & worked out in my head how long it would take to burn 1lb on it. :s-smilie: :redface:

I don't really want to invest in those types of things tbh, the gym is a much more worthy investment imo. :smile:

On another note, i am thinking about buying (or downloading :ninja:) the new Pump It Up Dancemix DVD. It seems really fun! :biggrin:
Woop lost a bit of weight skiing, despite the fondues and apres ski drinking.

Serious weight loss commences jan 1st, bit clichéd but all the same, i WILL lose more :p:
Ive lost a stone down to 9 1/2 stone :smile:

Still a lot of work to do on my abs and bum but were on our way :p:

Well done to everyone else who is working hard especially those that are new mummys..I imagine its not easy so good for you :smile:
I always use the dance mat because I already have one and you don't have to go out in the cold rainy weather, especially as my nearest gymn is half an hour away in the car and there's no room for equipment at home :smile:
I do 500kcal a day, on expert, and making the speed faster by changing the settings and it really does take half and hour, it's worked for me so far, but I can see it wouldn't work for everyone :smile:
Dance is a good form of exercise for weight loss though (Y)
xxxx

EDIT: And don't call me doll, thank you.
Reply 3073
does anyone have any ideas with regards to healthy/low fat/low calorie but tasty foods to snack on?

trying to drop a stone and a dress size.

breakfast: 1 slice of bread, margarine
break-time snack: i was thinking 10 nuts or so? :confused: (any other suggestions?)
lunch: salad with ham or chicken, maybe skinny mocha ?
after school snack: any ideas?? (fruit?)
dinner: usually lean chicken or something like that, veggies
dessert: 1 peice of chocolate :love:

:biggrin: please help
Reply 3074
rivita with cottage cheese! :eating:
Reply 3075
Tufts
rivita with cottage cheese! :eating:

if i use extra light cream cheese, how many cals do you think it'll be? (rivita + cream cheese)
oooh, I'm so glad I found this thread, I definitely need to lose weight but also need help sticking to a diet!! Hopefully you lota can help me, and I'll try me best to aid you too!!
Vesta
if i use extra light cream cheese, how many cals do you think it'll be? (rivita + cream cheese)

Try buying the packets of triangles of light soft cheese as they should say on the back how many cals is in each one. I think they're better than buying a tub of soft cheese as they don't go out of date for ages and you'll have a better idea of how much cheese you use. I spread them on ryvita and I think they're actually quite tasty (like having crackers and normal cheese, almost!)
I have ordered a new workout DVD... the Pump it up! one released in 2004 as its apparently very good but I'll still be going to the gym 3 times a week of course but also doing this dvd maybe 2-3 times a week.
Reply 3079
polka_dott
Try buying the packets of triangles of light soft cheese as they should say on the back how many cals is in each one. I think they're better than buying a tub of soft cheese as they don't go out of date for ages and you'll have a better idea of how much cheese you use. I spread them on ryvita and I think they're actually quite tasty (like having crackers and normal cheese, almost!)

ahh ok thanks. :smile:

Latest