Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A new years resolution for me is to take up yoga.... (buying a DVD.. the cheap choice ) it is supposed to be a good form of resistance exercise to help tone up (I've heard, anyway.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    A new years resolution for me is to take up yoga.... (buying a DVD.. the cheap choice ) it is supposed to be a good form of resistance exercise to help tone up (I've heard, anyway.)
    I had a really wierd dream last night that I should take up yoga...freaky

Although it probably has something to do with the fact that Im reading Russel Brands autobiography and he mentions yoga in it.

But still...wierd haha.

Im doing quite well today. Just about to have a bit of vegetarian lasagne (skimpy on the chese ) with a nice big salad

Hope everones doing well xxx

ReputationRep:
    I've also finished all chocolate and shizzle in my cupboards in an attempt to get my weight down as from tomorrow! It was the fact that none of my crimbo clothes fitted me that's really spurred me on I WILL lose a stone and hopefully rather quickly too!

ReputationRep:
    Right I am so so totally doing this. My plan is to exercise every day and eat maybe 1300-1400 cals a day. I bought some scales yesterday so I can actually face up to my weight. I am 10st 11 aaaaah, and am probs 5'6.5. Seeing as this is the first diet I'll be doing in a long time, I hope to be 10st by the end of january. I'm about a Topshop 12 now, and would eventually like to be a Topshop 8 on top, 10 on bottom.

At the moment I'll just be doing cardio every day (burnt 500 cals today and yesterday at gym) but I'm going to get a weights plan done for me at the gym soon.
    The foods I am mainly eating are:
    Fruit, veg, lean meat, houmous, falalfel, tinned soup, yoghurt, spelt cereal, brown rice, baby potatoes, dark chocolate, low cal hot chocolate.
    I think the main problem is alcohol. It's going to make today a calorie write-off.

EDIT: Are we still not allowed to post what we eat during the day? Otherwise it makes the thread a little thin.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Don't post what you eat.
    Also at your weight and height you have a BMI of 23.something which isn't bad at all.what do you want to go down to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    Don't post what you eat.
    Also at your weight and height you have a BMI of 23.something which isn't bad at all.what do you want to go down to?
    I remember being pretty happy at about 132lbs - although I have gained a bit of muscle mass since then. It's not so much about the numbers but more about how I look and what clothes I can wear (e.g. I would look gross in high waisted skinny jeans)

ReputationRep:
    why cant u post what you eat?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Because people were posting their barely-there food diaries and it was looking very ED like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    wow you must be thin :eek:

hmmm ok i'll try green tea, i hope i like it but... um... how do you make it?

i will try to last out the break-time hunger with water, but it might not work :sad:

thanks
    i'm not really thin :p: at dinner when i say a bit, i usually mean alot :ninja:

Also, the mocha is usually with cream :p:

With geen tea it depends on the green tea you use and the size of your cup. I use the oven baked ones which taste horrible if you can make it right - you just have to experiment on your own, i usually just add a pinch so that a good bit of the bottom of the mug can still be seen

At school i play piano during break so that usually replaces eating

Hope you make it mochabby :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)
    for how long should i skip every day, if i want to lose weight? (gradually, maybe 1-2lb a week or so)
    are you willing to do some early morning jogging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    are you willing to do some early morning jogging?
    absolutely not

:p:

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    i'm not really thin :p: at dinner when i say a bit, i usually mean alot :ninja:

Also, the mocha is usually with cream :p:

With geen tea it depends on the green tea you use and the size of your cup. I use the oven baked ones which taste horrible if you can make it right - you just have to experiment on your own, i usually just add a pinch so that a good bit of the bottom of the mug can still be seen

At school i play piano during break so that usually replaces eating

Hope you make it mochabby :hugs:
    ok i'll just use waitrose g reen tea and use the instructions on the box

thanks though:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vesta)

ok i'll just use waitrose g reen tea and use the instructions on the box

thanks though:hugs:
    whatever floats your boat mocha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melissabee)
    I remember being pretty happy at about 132lbs - although I have gained a bit of muscle mass since then. It's not so much about the numbers but more about how I look and what clothes I can wear (e.g. I would look gross in high waisted skinny jeans)
    I wouldn't go near high waisted skinny jeans even after losing 19lbs and fitting into my size 8/10 jeans again....they give the thinnest person a bigger ass and tummy flab that wasn't there before!!

Since xmas I'm like 9st 1lbs when I was orignally 9st, so I have managed to stop myself from putting on much weight, even though I gorged on chocolate for a few days over xmas since Friday night I have eaten well, except for having a a small portion of my aunt's homemade xmas cake on sunday but I did resist having dessert at the restaurant we went to

ReputationRep:
    Why is it always rainning outside when you want to go for a run because the gym is shut :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and guys, you're all talking about BMIs on here.. What's the rule to find out what your bmi is?

I'm 5'1 and i think i'm around 9 and a half stone..

ReputationRep:
    +hnn+

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I've had my fun, eaten chocs, roses, crisps, biscuits, cakes and party foods 'til they were coming out of my ears...undoing all my work in the gym over the last couple months! I am very scared to approach scales!! But I've had fun, a great xmas and new year, and now I can go back to my healthy ways- new year, new start, HEALTHY habits!!

I've ordered two new exercise DVD's which I'm excited about! And I've rediscovered my dancemat which is LOADS of fun!!

Re. posts further up about dance mats, mine says on the medium setting that I burn 10-20 cals per song, depending on the song, so I personally can't burn 500cals in half hour, but my god time goes quicker than it does when I'm on a treadmill :P!

Happy New Year everyone, hope you're all feeling happy and positive xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Oh and guys, you're all talking about BMIs on here.. What's the rule to find out what your bmi is?

I'm 5'1 and i think i'm around 9 and a half stone..
    bmi calculator

I think your bmi is 25.1

ReputationRep:
    damn All the shops are closed. I need skimmed milk Not that horrid semi-skimmed that the garrage sells :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    new healthy eating plan starting today

breakfast - skinny mocha (i could've done without, but i felt like crap and wanted a slight pick-me-up ) and 1 weetabix with skimmed milk.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.