Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped smoking too are you finding it hard atm dita_parlo? :s

ReputationRep:
    Yea, really difficult! I've smoked for 11 years now so it's hard to do. This is my 2nd day of not smoking, I'm wearing the patches again, but I'm wanting to replace cigarettes with chocolate ahh!

How are you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been smoking for about 4 years and stopped 2 days ago too ( New years Resolution ) and I find that going on a diet, even if unnecessary, helps as you don't know what to focus on : being hungry or desperately wanting nicotine lol!
    It is really hard though...
    Don't you have a voice trying to convince you to have one all the time?? GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten like a :pig: this Christmas. I'm certain I've gained weight but am too much of a chicken to get on the scales. That said my size 10 Next jeans ( :proud: ) seem as loose as they were round the waist as when I bought them at then end of Nov. so mebbe all is still well ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOooki)
    Well I've been smoking for about 4 years and stopped 2 days ago too ( New years Resolution ) and I find that going on a diet, even if unnecessary, helps as you don't know what to focus on : being hungry or desperately wanting nicotine lol!
    It is really hard though...
    Don't you have a voice trying to convince you to have one all the time?? GOOD LUCK
    Yea, whenever I've tried to quit smoking I've always gone on a diet as well as stopping smoking makes me feel so much more better about myself; I start eating well, exercising, doing my nails... lol.
    Yea, I have that voice inside me every time I eat something; that's what I'm finding hard, not smoking after a meal, but I'm hoping that by replacing my usual meals with healthier ones I'll be able to lose the cigs and the weight lol! Good luck to you as well, it's nice to know that there's someone else out there wanting to lose the weight at the same time as stopping smoking

ReputationRep:
    I quit smoking about 7 months ago :-) didnt see too much of a change in my eating habits to be honest, but good luck ladies. definatly one of the best things i ever did, and it makes exercise so much easier!! and think of all the money you will save too, spend it on new clothes after youve lost all the weight, its so rewarding.

ReputationRep:
    First day on diet is going bad! Boyfriend met me for lunch and bought a huge bag of pick n mix as a surprise, which is lovely but evil for my healthy eating :p:
    I managed to resist some fish and chips and coke he bought though, he seems to want me to put on weight as he prefers me a bit curvier, but I don't! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liladriel)
    Skimmed milk is great. We don't have any in the fridge atm though so won't be able to have cereal for breakfast tomorrow
    :ditto: :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I've just started a weight loss blog - I've even bared my soul and stuck my flabby pictures on there haha

http://xenaglamrocker.blogspot.com/

I'm such a whale I'm SOOOO motivated right now to losing weight
    ooooh it's pink! Quality

Glad you're motivated :^_^:

The arms arn't bad at all mind :hugs:

The May entry made Tufty sad

ReputationRep:
    Bugger, just got up and I havent eaten a thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    ooooh it's pink! Quality

Glad you're motivated :^_^:

The arms arn't bad at all mind :hugs:

The May entry made Tufty sad
    thanks hun.

meh the may entry depressed me aswell when I re-read it recently, so I changed the colour of it so I could avoid reading it too often lol

ReputationRep:
    I weighed under 9 stone for the first time in about 4 years this morning :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    Yea, whenever I've tried to quit smoking I've always gone on a diet as well as stopping smoking makes me feel so much more better about myself; I start eating well, exercising, doing my nails... lol.
    Yea, I have that voice inside me every time I eat something; that's what I'm finding hard, not smoking after a meal, but I'm hoping that by replacing my usual meals with healthier ones I'll be able to lose the cigs and the weight lol! Good luck to you as well, it's nice to know that there's someone else out there wanting to lose the weight at the same time as stopping smoking
    LOL! Me too I begin to get interested in all the healthy stuff! Yeah not smoking after a meal/ during an aperitif is harsh... And it's really weird but not smoking makes me feel the day is longer
    Yeah we have 2major Resolutions to hold and one feeds the other, well let's hope it lasts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Bugger, just got up and I havent eaten a thing
    I'm having my first meal now. A bowl of bran flakes ^_^

You must eat :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, official post xmas weigh in put me at 9st 8 which was only 1lb over what I was at the end of term. Feel like I'm back on track healthy eating wise so am confident I can shift a few pounds over the next few weeks. I'd like to get down to 9st 6 or under, ideally aiming for 9st 3 in the long run.

Nothing like the new year to motivate you

Oh and Tufts I'm with you on the skimmed milk thing.. semi = yuk. Don't even get me started on whole milk.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like that with milk - I only liked skimmed milk.

But we had to start buying whole (kids from 1-2 years have to have whole if they aren't on toddler milk and I couldn't be arsed buying 2 different types) so my tastes changed. Now I'll take whatever is going, I'm not fussy. I've started buying skimmed again now though

ReputationRep:
    I had to pour my bran flakes down the bog

Watered-down semi-skimmed on bran flakes just doesn't cut it :puke:

I'll wait till boyfriend gets home with skimmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I'm having my first meal now. A bowl of bran flakes ^_^

You must eat :hugs:
    I had a bowl of this earlier

ReputationRep:
    I've been STUFFING myself for these past few days *is total cliché*, now really REALLY want to get healthy again. REALLY. Unfortunately this meant throwing away the posh chocolates my step-mum bought me for Christmas... then going back to the bin, opening the box, and pouring body lotion all over the choccies. Just in case. *cringes*

ReputationRep:
    I love you guys :love:

Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.