TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for pasta? well pasta is a bit tasteless by itself.
make a nice spicy sauce for it. that's how i always have my pasta. yum-my!
sparkler
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hello all, i've been lurking this thread for a while now.. starting eating healthier/smaller portions yesterday. lol. gotta start somewhere though! anyway, so i might pop in here every now and again when i need help or advice - there's some super nice people in here </suck-up>

:p:

ooh, and i know salads aren't usually the food of choice around this time of year - but did y'all know there's a 1cal fry-light version of a salad dressing available? i found out yesterday and im gonna have to try it! or has someone already tried it and it's mank?!
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
ooh, and i know salads aren't usually the food of choice around this time of year - but did y'all know there's a 1cal fry-light version of a salad dressing available? i found out yesterday and im gonna have to try it! or has someone already tried it and it's mank?!
I was thinking about that stuff yesterday. I haven't tried it though.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i bet it tastes awful though :s:
liladriel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not tried it. Some salad dressings are so high calorie though so it sounds like a good idea. One of my favourite salad dressings is just freshly squeezed lemon juice as it's cal free and really easy.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Love_Hearts)
haha same here, im heading back to uni too. Making my dad take a pit stop at asda, will tell him i only need a few things.......but obviously will take advantage of his spending so its going to be a big shop too.
Im planning on getting lots of the obvious
- fruit and veg, along with salad stuff. Tend to buy packs of frozen vegtables but i also like to buy fresh stuff such as spinach, broccli, peppers, potatoes etc.
- Soup - fresh and tinned
-Chicken breasts
-Pork
- tuna
- fresh salmon
- Ryvitta
- Smoothy
- Skimmed milk
-Oats so simple (sooooo yummy)
-Speckial K
- Raisins
-Weight watchers yogs
- Weight watcvhers ready meals (i know i should try not to use these too often but ive got major revision and dissertation writting planned for the next few weeks so need quick meals)
-Beans

...... thats my shopping list sorted anyway :-)
Thanks for that . I can't wait to get lots of nice food! It's really hard eating healthily when I'm at home cos I have to eat what is being cooked, i'm looking forward to making my own food again!
Crisps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh dear. Too much alhoholol
melissabee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crisps)
Oh dear. Too much alhoholol
yep I had that feeling yesterday. I've decided to limit myself to red wine since there's only so much of it that I can drink.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm going back to uni tomorrow so am going to take my dad to the massive tesco to stock up on lots of healthy food! So I need some suggestions people...what are your favourite (healthy) foods?
I did my shopping online at Tesco's last night (first time, woop!) & I'm amazed at how easy it is not to buy junkfood this way. It's well worth the delivery & it turned out cheaper & healthier because you have time to explore the different options.
tootsies
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you find it harder or easier to diet in uni? I could see it being either way really...either you don't eat much because you can't be bothered to cook (it's so easy to binge when your parents just stuff food in front of you) or whether it's too hard to resist beautiful takeaways <3

I wish there was a healthy option for chinese food although I'm veggie so I guess having veg chow mein beats having chicken balls in batter/cantonese chicken (like i used to).
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
just got some yummy food in
Monkey_Maiden
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't eat healthy dinners I still have a plate of chips, fish cake and beans most nights for dinner. Yes it's smaller than normal and I have a small breakfast and lunch but I feel lazy and ashamed not making healthy meals like evryone else :p:

On a plus note I'm moving into my own flat at end of this month with my boyfriend and I'm planning to cook lots of healthy groovy meals for us
Love_Hearts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you find it harder or easier to diet in uni? I could see it being either way really...either you don't eat much because you can't be bothered to cook (it's so easy to binge when your parents just stuff food in front of you) or whether it's too hard to resist beautiful takeaways <3
Its a tricky question to answer, as im sure everyone is different when it comes down to it. Personally i find it easier to diet whilst at uni, i buy the food i want with the moto "if its not there i cant eat it". unfortunatly being at home i have the temptation there right infront of me, and tend to snack more as a consequence. The only let down with uni if the alcohol consumption.....its goes sky high. but switching from alco-pops and cider to diet mixers and vodka/malibu has really helped with my weight loss.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There is a jar of chocolate spread in the house! :afraid:
noujazeg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am getting my eating habits under a bit more control, but for a few weeks now have been in no mood whatsoever for exercise. HOWEVER< have purshased a skipping rope and a hula hoop, and have just spent half an hour alternately skipping and hula-ing. It's not a lot but I feel really good now (might keep it going for a bit longer) and I reckon if I do this every day it'll help me lose weight. I hope.
noujazeg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bexiness!)
There is a jar of chocolate spread in the house! :afraid:
RESIST IT!!! If you can resist a jar of chocolate spread you can resist anything, don't deny yourself the opportunity to feel really proud of yourself!!
liladriel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I find it slightly easier at uni because I have very little food in my room and it's all healthy (cereal, soy milk, cereal bars, fruit). I eat lunches out so have salads mostly and dinner in halls where I either have the veggie option or fish/chicken and veg. It's much easier to binge at home as there's cupboards full of food and at with lunches out etc you can only eat the set portion that you've paid for. On the downside, I eat less fruit at uni and sometimes the alcohol is quite unhealthy (although I stick to vodka/gin and diet mixers). It's sometimes quite annoying when there's nothing healthy to eat at halls though - I hope there's something nice tonight, I don't think my halls are too bad as far as catered food goes really.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Uni is definately easier in terms of you are much more in control of what you eat. However, back home I tend to snack less for some odd reason! Perhaps because there is less temptation to procrastinate when attempting to write essays
Crisps
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Buy high fruit jam instead of chocolate spread ;yes; Then you can satisfy your sugar cravings in a less unhealthy way! [don't count this as one of your 5 a day thoiugh!]
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dramatic Star)
Uni is definitely easier in terms of you are much more in control of what you eat. However, back home I tend to snack less for some odd reason! Perhaps because there is less temptation to procrastinate when attempting to write essays
I find it the complete opposite. At home there's just my mum and dad who work everyday. They pretty much just buy what they need for each days meals so there is never anything bad for me to have to resist while I'm here. Plus I never drink here either. At uni though I don't buy crap to keep in the house but I'm easily persuaded by the takeaways as I walk past after a night out. Plus I drink at uni which is my main problem. I'm not huge, I just have a beer belly!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.97%
No (176)
73.03%

Watched Threads