Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Yeah, I have problems distinguishing hunger from other feelings: boredom, tiredness, stress.

So I ask everyone here, approx how often do you eat?
    Breakfast when i wake, Occasionally a snack before lunch, Lunch, occasional snack before tea, Dinner, Occasional snack before bed

So for me 3 meals, and 3 snack max. These days its more like 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    Breakfast when i wake, Occasionally a snack before lunch, Lunch, occasional snack before tea, Dinner, Occasional snack before bed

So for me 3 meals, and 3 snack max. These days its more like 3 meals and 1 or 2 snacks.
    What would constitute a 'snack' and what would constitute a 'meal'?

Seriously I struggle with this

ReputationRep:
    I've had 3 meals and 1 snack today. First time in ages I've had 3 meals.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Its subjective, but my opinion:

Meal: usually consists of something protein, something carbohydrate and something veggiefied, e.g. Lentil soup and bread for lunch, and roast chicken, potatoes and veg for tea. Occasionally includes a dessert such as yoghurt, fruit or on rare occasions puddings.

Snack: Something under 200 kcal (to me), such as a handful of fruit and nuts, small slice cake, fruit, crisps (very very rare), toast. Just something to fill the gap.

ReputationRep:
    la trampa - alpen light cereal bars, 60 cals, delicious, crunchy http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/alp...summer-fruits/ some in summer fruits, apple & sultana, choc orange and citrus - i love all of them except i havent tried citrus
    -also bran flakes

poptheglock - i'm actually obsessed with uffie. i think dismissed is my favourite but also love... well allof her songs, excpet 'party' with justice, is a bit naff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Yeah, I have problems distinguishing hunger from other feelings: boredom, tiredness, stress.

So I ask everyone here, approx how often do you eat?

i used to eat like 100 times a day (bit exaggerated normally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, t ,snack, and randomly go vendors wen hungry in free periods at school), i always thought i was hungry, but last week or so i havent been eating as regularly cus if i start eating then i cant stop! im really bad for that hehe your supposed to eat slow aswell so your body realises your eating but i find it really hard!

ive heard aswell hunger may actually be just thirst so ive tried drinking t or whatever if i feel hungry but sometimes i just get hungry again afterwards !

i havent been eating breakfast due to lack of time and sometimes not dinner cus of work which is soo bad and probs why im tired and have a lack of energy and end up piggin out when i have time at night so i eat soo much crap at night time ive lost all healthyness!, my mom said she wil start to make me weatabix again in the morning so can eat whilst getting stuff ready, its really good for you and keeps me full for ages! i need to find some quick and easy food!

hope every1s ok

xxx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    a snack isn't something you work out for 2-3hrs on the cross trainer for. that'd be a meal
    a snack..is a snack - biscuits, dips, crisps, pot noodles etc
    a meal is something you take more than 10mins to prepare unless of course it's a microwave meal. so normally it includes, crabs, veg and protein and you eat a lot more of it than you do snacks e.g. pasta, rice, noodles, stir fry etc.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ellabella)
    la trampa - alpen light cereal bars, 60 cals, delicious, crunchy http://www.weetabix.co.uk/brands/alp...summer-fruits/ some in summer fruits, apple & sultana, choc orange and citrus - i love all of them except i havent tried citrus
    -also bran flakes

poptheglock - i'm actually obsessed with uffie. i think dismissed is my favourite but also love... well allof her songs, excpet 'party' with justice, is a bit naff.
    i don't eat raisins. so those i couldn't have those
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That was a good point about breakfast - i snack less when i have breakfast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Trampa)
    a snack isn't something you work out for 2-3hrs on the cross trainer for. that'd be a meal
    So, 4 skinny cow in one go, a bit much? :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tufts)
    I would say thats a binge!!! Its definately not a meal!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Tufts)
    yes a bit much. that's bingeing from not eating enough and that doesn't constitute a meal

ReputationRep:
    So where is everyone on my quality chart now?

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Neutral! 5!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I would say thats a binge!!! Its definitely not a meal!
    I know. Was really bad. I couldn't sleep.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I wouldn't worry, binges are allowed from time to time.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    5 me, neutral

ReputationRep:
    2! and ive just ate! whats wrong with me lol

ReputationRep:
    6. Just had some bran flakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Ariel*)
    2! and ive just ate! whats wrong with me lol
    Eeep! How did you allow yourself to get that hungry?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.