The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3800
KOooki
Thanks for the recipe, it seems yummy! I'll try it sometime this week and probabely add a bit of sea food too:smile:

Sea food is amazing it in too apparently :smile: My Grandad (who's spanish) always puts these massive prawns on the top and I know you can have musscles and all sorts in there too :smile:
Reply 3801
What is pudding rice? How about just normal rice with saffron ( that yellow powder)
Reply 3802
Yeah the paellas in Spain are veryyyyyy good. I could eat that day and night! lol
Reply 3803
KOooki
What is pudding rice? How about just normal rice with saffron ( that yellow powder)

You can put in normal rice but it has to be white really as wholegrain rice wouldnt really go with the dish. Also long grain rice is vile in it lol. And yep you need to put in a little bit of safron in...I forgot that :p:
x~PiNk~x
Has anyone heard about that Paul Mckenna hypnosis CD & book called 'I can make you thin'? Catching title I know :wink:

It has glowing reports on amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/0593050541/sr=8-1/qid=1200148737/ref=cm_rev_next?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=266239&s=books&customer-reviews.start=11&qid=1200148737&sr=8-1

another way to make money. i bet most things in the book are common sense
Reply 3805
La Trampa
another way to make money. i bet most things in the book are common sense

Yeah I did think that because most of the people on the reviews say they have lost about 3stone plus. Maybe its for people who have no control over their food whilst everyone on here is making a conscious effort to eat more healthily.
Reply 3806
*Ariel*
awww lovee the top its soo cute! :smile:

The top is a cutie but... #shh# It's not very flattering.

Tip ladies: Stay away from clothing with patterns on!
Tufts
Is that all? :eek: For a pizza??

Yeah for the really small personal pizzas :biggrin:
Reply 3808
x~PiNk~x
Has anyone heard about that Paul Mckenna hypnosis CD & book called 'I can make you thin'? Catching title I know :wink:

It has glowing reports on amazon...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/0593050541/sr=8-1/qid=1200148737/ref=cm_rev_next?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=266239&s=books&customer-reviews.start=11&qid=1200148737&sr=8-1

I bought it ages ago. It's crap. Really. His golden rules are:

1. eat when you're hungry.
2. eat whatever you like.
3. eat consciously.
4. stop when you're full.

Hardly groundbraking.
Reply 3809
Tufts
I bought it ages ago. It's crap. Really. His golden rules are:

1. eat when you're hungry.
2. eat whatever you like.
3. eat consciously.
4. stop when you're full.

Hardly groundbraking.

:eek:

Wow where did he come up with those ideas from :rolleyes:
Meh! Cooking chicken korma today & discovered 220g of Sharwoods sauce is 340 calories & then plus the chicken & rice.... calorific! Any suggestions how to cut this down? We normally have a jar of 440g between both of us. Is this a bit too much??
Reply 3811
x~PiNk~x
:eek:

Wow where did he come up with those ideas from :rolleyes:

He also says:

1. chew each mouthfull 30 times before swallowing.
2. eat so slow that your food goes cold.
3. blondfold yourself whilst you eat.
4. put your knife and fork down between each mouthfull.

He's a nut.
Reply 3812
Tufts
He also says:

1. chew each mouthfull 30 times before swallowing.
2. eat so slow that your food goes cold.
3. blondfold yourself whilst you eat.
4. put your knife and fork down between each mouthfull.

He's a nut.

Haha :p:

Next time everyone comes round for dinner Im blindfolding them all, serving them cold food and making them eat with their hands.

Then tell them how much they enjoyed it (Y)
I bought the Paul McKenna book as well ages ago - I, too, didn't find it very helpful.
x~PiNk~x
Haha :p:

Next time everyone comes round for dinner Im blindfolding them all, serving them cold food and making them eat with their hands.

Then tell them how much they enjoyed it (Y)

:p: How stupid are those rules!

Thanks for the pitta ideas everyone :smile:

Those personalised pizzes sound good, will have to find my nearest Dominos:smile:
Reply 3815
PinkMobilePhone
I bought the Paul McKenna book as well ages ago - I, too, didn't find it very helpful.

Crap innit?

The CD is relaxing but it does bugga all for weight-loss.

How's your blog going? :hugs:
Yeah, How is you blog doing PMP?

*runs off to have a looksie*
Dramatic Star
Meh! Cooking chicken korma today & discovered 220g of Sharwoods sauce is 340 calories & then plus the chicken & rice.... calorific! Any suggestions how to cut this down? We normally have a jar of 440g between both of us. Is this a bit too much??

Korma is bound to be calorific because its creamy. You could always try a more tomatoy based curry sauce - but depends on how spicy you like it. Or alternatively make your own curry sauce - i just use tomatoes, tomato puree, sometimes a little bit of stock, onions, garlic, peppers, and whatever else i fancy plus seasoning and curry powder.

Otherwise if your only having it once in a while its not going to be too detrimental.
hmm I haven't updated for a couple of days - I'm being slack lol - I really ought to update it daily to keep me on track better.
I'm annoyed as I want to exercise now but I slept funny last night and I've done my back in - I'm hobbling around like a cripple today!
~Kirsty~
Korma is bound to be calorific because its creamy. You could always try a more tomatoy based curry sauce - but depends on how spicy you like it. Or alternatively make your own curry sauce - i just use tomatoes, tomato puree, sometimes a little bit of stock, onions, garlic, peppers, and whatever else i fancy plus seasoning and curry powder.

Otherwise if your only having it once in a while its not going to be too detrimental.

Thanks Kirsty. Think once off isn't going to be too bad, but after this I'll look to buy different.

Latest