Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Weight Loss Society Part II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i'll take a look. I thought it might be the diet thing you have to pay for. I started using a similar thing the other day which is free, but it's hard remembering to fill it in!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Tesco changed all the diet thing recently, so you get stuff for free now!

I'm not that keen on calorie counting too much either, though it helps some people.

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, similar to the one I started to use (which was American I think Dramatic Star!). I don't think i'll use it for now, see how I go just being generally healthy! I'm just worked out my BMR and then from that how many calories I should have etc, it's quite confusing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    Tesco changed all the diet thing recently, so you get stuff for free now!

I'm not that keen on calorie counting too much either, though it helps some people.
    Kirsty, at the moment I've reached 30 points, however I've only consumed just over 1,000 calories. What are the points calculated on? Is it a number of things combined?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ames123)
    Looks good, similar to the one I started to use (which was American I think Dramatic Star!). I don't think i'll use it for now, see how I go just being generally healthy! I'm just worked out my BMR and then from that how many calories I should have etc, it's quite confusing!
    Was that weightlossresource (or something along those lines)? I found it incredibly annoying as a lot of the foods wern't on there & what is useful about Tesco Tracker is it has the actual product instead of the food, e.g. Heinz tomato soup not just tomato soup which is great because differeny brands can vary in nutritional values!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    Was that weightlossresource (or something along those lines)? I found it incredibly annoying as a lot of the foods wern't on there & what is useful about Tesco Tracker is it has the actual product instead of the food, e.g. Heinz tomato soup not just tomato soup which is great because differeny brands can vary in nutritional values!
    It was http://www.fitday.com/. It did have makes of food but they were mostly American, though you could enter your own.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Dramatic Star)
    Kirsty, at the moment I've reached 30 points, however I've only consumed just over 1,000 calories. What are the points calculated on? Is it a number of things combined?
    I'm not sure - Its not something i've really worked with. Although i believe its not purely a calorie thing. I think its worked out on high fibre, and low fat and perhaps lowish calorie, will have lower points, and the opposite have higher points.

I would probably use calories, rather than points to watch your diet by, but thats my personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked about cup a soups. I have Tesco thick & creamy tomato soup in a mug (that's the name on the box), they are a bit thicker than normal ones and very nice!

Does anyone know if Morrisons sell any own brand yogurt with no bits? They used to do a french smooth set yogurt but they don't seem to any more. They do do their own brand normal yogurts in a pack but I don't know if they have bits in or not?
    They do smooth healthy ones, similar to Mullerlights. I bought some lasttime I was there [3 for 89p or something]

I'm still finding it difficult to get up to my target 2150 cals a day. [sleeping for half the day because I was kept awake last night doesn't help], I've had toast and jam, as well as the rest of my homemade yog and fruit, so ive had about 5-600 [I had 4 slices of toast and my fruit and yog was a good sized portion]

I'm hungry now [kinda on the border between 2 and 3] so I'm going to have some chilli con carne with potato wedges and salad. Might treat myself to some skinny cow too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    They do smooth healthy ones, similar to Mullerlights. I bought some lasttime I was there [3 for 89p or something]

I'm still finding it difficult to get up to my target 2150 cals a day. [sleeping for half the day because I was kept awake last night doesn't help], I've had toast and jam, as well as the rest of my homemade yog and fruit, so ive had about 5-600 [I had 4 slices of toast and my fruit and yog was a good sized portion]

I'm hungry now [kinda on the border between 2 and 3] so I'm going to have some chilli con carne with potato wedges and salad. Might treat myself to some skinny cow too
    I didn't look much at the individual ones. Do they say smooth on the pot?
    I know what you mean, getting up in the afternoon means i'm not eating as much as I would/should though I think the chocolate I ate helped bump it up lol!

ReputationRep:
    You know this HIIT (have I spelt it right?), does it apply for swimming, say doing a few laps fast and the ones after at a slower race etc?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't look much at the individual ones. Do they say smooth on the pot?
    I know what you mean, getting up in the afternoon means i'm not eating as much as I would/should though I think the chocolate I ate helped bump it up lol!
    I dont think so [ive eaten them now], but they are inside

ReputationRep:
    I dont think so [ive eaten them now], but they are inside
    OK thanks i'll have a look next time i'm in.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I better put tbus skinny cow back before i eat it all

tis nice though

ReputationRep:
    Someone asked about cup a soups. I have Tesco thick & creamy tomato soup in a mug (that's the name on the box), they are a bit thicker than normal ones and very nice!
    It was me

How many calories in that thick and creamy soup please?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I better put tbus skinny cow back before i eat it all

tis nice though
    You got some?

:five:

Which kinds? What is your feedback Chris?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    can't wait for mine!

ReputationRep:
    Durham Tesco is the only place in teh northeast at the moment that stocks chocolate skinny cow :eek:

I'll be getting some on Monday hopefully

ReputationRep:
    its the chocolate one I got. I've eaten most of it though It's not as nice as B&Js but it's good enough.

And Durham Tesco rocks.

ReputationRep:
    its the chocolate one I got. I've eaten most of it though It's not as nice as B&Js but it's good enough.

And Durham Tesco rocks.
    Gilesgate :five:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been since they put the second floor in though, mainly because at home I'm 5 minutes walk from Tesco Newton Aycliffe anyway :p:

I've been in the one at Stockton too [where the Savacentre used to be, on the road towards Sedgefield]. It's HUGE!!!

And, random fact: Tesco Kingston park is the biggest supermarket in the UK! Not been in though.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.